Co-chairs re-elected for a second term
The Mortgage Bankers Association has a new Affordable Rental Housing Council line-up for 2022.
The move followed the appointment of co-chairs and membership for MBA’s Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council last month. Formed in 2019, the councils provide strategic and practical guidance to MBA’s CONVERGENCE initiative, the association’s affordable housing effort.
“This council will guide our efforts in bringing together key stakeholders to work on solutions aimed at affordable rental housing,” said Steve O’Connor, senior vice president for affordable housing initiatives at MBA. “As economic, demographic, and social issues continue to intersect, our members will work to help ensure a healthy and equitable housing market.”
Re-elected for a second term, Michael Staton (vice president and mortgage officer at CPC Mortgage Company) and Sarah Garland (managing director at CBRE) will serve as co-chairs of the Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council.
“With the ability to leverage the unique expertise of our membership, the MBA’s Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council can play a key role in bringing innovation and a diversity of ideas to address the crises of affordability, equity, and sustainability facing our rental housing and the people who call it home,” Staton said. “Given the lending industry’s influence and impact on the nation’s housing ecosystem, it’s important that we lead from the front in addressing these challenges. I’m honored to co-chair this committee and thank the MBA for its work to create real change in cities large and small throughout the country.”
“The Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council allows us to identify issues, both legislatively and programmatically, and proactively address those issues to make an immediate impact on the tenants that need it most. The power of the MBA then allows us to be represented and lobby for the changes that we need,” Garland said.
The members of the Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council include:
- Sarah Garland (Co-Chair), CBRE Capital Markets
- Michael Staton (Co-Chair), CPC Mortgage Company, LLC
- Alexander (Al) Beaumariage, KeyBank
- Hal Collett, Colliers Mortgage
- Graham Dozier, Regions Bank
- John Gilmore IV, Walker & Dunlop
- Michael Heagerty, Gantry
- Hyung Kim, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Tony Love, Bellwether Enterprise
- Shekar Narasimhan, Beekman Advisors, Inc.
- Robert Nilson, Dynex Capital, Inc.
- Bilal Parviz, Arch Mortgage Insurance Company
- Matt Rocco, Grandbridge Real Estate Capital
- Jeff Rodman, M&T Realty Capital Corporation
- Justin Shackleford, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Daron Tubian, Barings Global Real Estate
- Paul Weissman, Lument
- Stephanie Wiggins, PGIM Real Estate
- Arthanias Williams, Arbor Realty Trust, Inc.