The new products include 3-year and 5-year options, with rates starting from 5.25 per cent.
* The new fixed rate mortgage range includes:
- 3-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage - 5.25% fixed until 31 March 2007
- 5-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage - 5.39% fixed until 31 March 2009
* Revert to Society's variable rate following fixed rate period, with 0.75% discount through Skipton's concessionary Mortgage Discount Scheme* (current pay rate of 4.99%)
* Available up to 95% LTV with free MIG up to 90% LTV
* Free legal fees for remortgages (£250 cashback in Scotland) through Skipton Home Conveyancing Service
* Free accident, sickness and unemployment (ASU) cover for six months
* Free valuation with the 3-year option**
* Flexible benefits - daily interest, overpayments and payment holidays
* £399 completion fee - can be added to the loan
* Early redemption fees: 3-Year Fix - 3% to 31 March 2007
5-Year Fix - 5% to 31 March 2005, 4% to 31 March 2006 and 3% to 31 March 2009
* Up to 10% capital repayments allowed each year, without charge, within fixed rate period
* Interested brokers should visit www.skipton-intermediaries.co.uk
Jennifer Holloway, head of media relations, commented, "With further increases in Bank Base Rate strongly predicted in the near future, many borrowers will be planning to keep their monthly repayments at a set low level for a few more years to come. With Skipton's new fixed rate mortgage range, their wish can come true. The range offers 3-year and 5-year options allowing customers to pick the deal which best suits their circumstances."