(MBA) -- Washington, DC (April 4, 2011) – Wells Fargo was the top commercial/multifamily mortgage originator in 2011, according to a set of listings released today by the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA). Other originators in the top 10 include HFF, L.P.; Meridian Capital Group, LLC.; CBRE Capital Markets, Inc.; PNC Real Estate; MetLife Real Estate Investments; Deutsche Bank Commercial Real Estate; Prudential Mortgage Capital Company; Northmarq Capital LLC; and JP Morgan (CMBS).
Highlights of the listing include:
Seven different companies topped the 11 lists reporting originations by investor groups:
• Wells Fargo Bank was the top originator for commercial banks/savings institutions; for Fannie Mae; for FHA/Ginnie Mae; for REITS and mortgage REITS, investment funds; and for other investors
• JP Morgan was the top originator for commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS)
• MetLife Real Estate Investments was the top originator for life insurance companies
• CBRE Capital Markets Inc. was the top originator for Freddie Mac
• TIAA-CREF was the top originator for pension funds
• HFF was the top originator for credit companies
• Mesa West Capital was the top originator for specialty finance
By dollar volume, the top five originators for third parties in 2011 were Wells Fargo Bank, HFF, Meridian Capital Group, CBRE Capital Markets and Northmarq Capital.
The top five lenders in 2011 were Wells Fargo, MetLife Real Estate Investments, PNC Real Estate, Deutsche Bank Commercial Real Estate and Prudential Mortgage Capital.