Located in the centre of the banking district, on the corner of King Street and Cross Street in the old Eagle House building, the Cheshire's contemporary new branch boasts:
- video conferencing facilities
- web access to the building society and associated estate agency websites
- direct telephone access to the Cheshire's Contact Centre
- a mobile computer so that customers will not have to go to the counter to make enquiries
- a 'self service' area for balance enquiries
all designed to reflect the needs of the sophisticated city worker and dweller.
To celebrate the new branch opening, The Cheshire is treating customers to the following:
- limited edition 10 month Manchester Bond (offering 5.2% (gross) on sums in between £5,000 and £10,000 or 5.1% (gross) for sums between £1000 (min) and £4,999.) This Bond can only be opened by customers at the Manchester Branch.
- A £5 donation to a North West hospice for every savings account opened (excluding the Manchester Bond) up until the end of January. Customers will have a choice of 21 North West hospices to whom the donation can be made. Terms and conditions apply.
*Research by Mintel showed that 3,135 bank and building society branches in the UK - over a fifth of all branches opened in 1995 - were closed down by 2002.
Marketing director of the Cheshire, Jason Gaunt says, “Manchester is a fantastic place to live and work. It's attracting more and more people into its centre, to live, work and do business. Manchester is also at the heart of our North West network, so it makes perfect sense for us to have a city branch and bring with us our own brand of mutuality and customer service that is enjoyed by so many around the region."
During the refurbishment of the ground floor and basement floors of Eagle House, a number of architectural gems were uncovered including parquet flooring, 1920’s wall coverings and solid fuel ranges. The Cheshire will put many of these features on public display, providing visitors to the branch with an insight into 1920’s Manchester.
How to apply for a Manchester Bond
Call into the Manchester branch of the Cheshire Building Society.
Manchester Branch Product Notes
- Minimum investment in the account is £1,000, maximum investment is £10,000.
- Maturity date is 10 calendar months after opening the bond.
- No withdrawals or additional investments are permitted.
- Only one bond per person is available.
- The bond is only available to those who open it in the Manchester branch.
- The launch date for the bond is 14th December.
- In the event of an account holder’s death before maturity, the Bond may either be transferred to the account holder’s representative/beneficiary, or it can be closed without penalty.
- At the end of term the Society will contact the investor(s) prior to maturity with reinvestment options. In the absence of written instructions on maturity, the investment will begin to earn interest at the Society’s appropriate Premium Access rate tier.
£5 donation to NW hospices
Terms and Conditions
- Applies to all Cheshire Building Society savings accounts except the Manchester Bond.
- Savings accounts must be opened between 14 December 2004 and 31 January 2005 at the Manchester Branch.
- A donation will be paid only once, regardless of the number of account holders or accounts held.
- In order to qualify for the £5 donation, the account must be opened with a minimum balance of £10 and the balance must not fall below £10 until 31 January 2005. Other product-specific minimum investment limits may apply.