A pioneer in the over 50s life market and one of the first to use advisers in that sector, Engage has also recently been awarded the coveted Defaqto Five Star Rating.
Its pedigree and experience was a major factor in its addition to the LifeSearch stable, according to the UK’s biggest life insurance broker, which made the announcement this week.
Tom Baigre, CEO of LifeSearch, said: “We wanted to expand our offer in the over-50s sector and Engage impressed us with their competitiveness as well as the quality of their product and service levels. We’re delighted they are on board with us here at LifeSearch and we look forward to a rewarding future together.”
LifeSearch were also impressed with Engage’s on-going support in promoting the need for protection and its investment in the service it offers advisers, as the mutual has revamped its Engageadviser.com website.
Launched this week, the new site not only looks better and is easier to navigate, but has also been streamlined following advisers’ feedback.
It means that advisers like those at LifeSearch could have their client on risk in as little as seven minutes from application.
Sales director Maria Harris said: “It’s a major coup for us to have the recognition from such a prestigious company as LifeSearch and we’re delighted to join their panel.
“It comes on the back of a successful and busy period for us. From getting the coveted Defaqto Five Star Rating to seeing our new streamlined adviser site up and running.”
The changes are part of Engage’s on-going commitment to providing service excellence for its adviser community which means 98 per cent of broker calls are answered within 20 seconds and almost 90% of email queries within two hours. In addition, Engage has also boosted the number of intermediary support staff, who are dedicated to answering telephone queries.
Harris added: “We always go the extra mile for all our customers and partners which is why we have made these changes.
“This philosophy is central to everything we do. From providing the best product we can for our advisers to sell, to making the process as easy as possible for them and investing in our dedicated support staff.”
Engage’s Guaranteed 50 Plus Life Cover is one of the most comprehensive and competitive over 50s guaranteed life available.
It also has a flexible payment policy for customers, allowing them to claim part or all of a cash lump sum on diagnosis of a serious or terminal illness.
Engage does not charge customers extra for this benefit which entitles them to 20 per cent on diagnosis of a serious illness and the full amount (minus any serious illness pay out if that was applicable) in the event of a terminal illness, at which point the policy is closed.
product information: guaranteed 50 plus life cover offers:
• no underwriting or health questions
• guaranteed acceptance without a medical for UK residents aged 50-80
• separate rates for smokers/non smokers
• guaranteed lump sum payment on death.
• premiums from £10 per month
• guarantee premiums will never rise
• premiums cease at age 90 but cover continues.
• in the event of death in the first two years it pays out 50% more than has been paid in premiums; or 3x sum assured, subject to a maximum pay out of £48,000, should death occur solely as a result of an accident. It pays out the full sum assured, less any serious illness benefit previously paid where death occurs after two years.
• depending on how long premiums are paid, what is paid in premiums may be more than is paid out on a claim
• It also has a unique flexible payment policy for customers, allowing them to claim 20 per cent of life cover on diagnosis of serious illness and the full amount on diagnosis of a terminal illness less any serious illness claimed