The Ipsos MORI survey, commissioned by the Association of Home Information Pack Providers (AHIPP), reveals the following:
- Six out of seven of those surveyed (85%) say that the need to obtain a HIP did not influence their decision about whether or not to sell their home.
- 60% said the information provided by the seller in the Property Information Questionnaire (PIQ) is useful to buyers, with nearly three quarters (73%) saying it took less than 20 minutes to complete and 75% finding it easy to complete.
- A majority (57%) agree that home buyers should be provided with more upfront information about the condition of the property that they are buying.
- Only a minority (30%) disagreed that providing home buyers with more information about a property before making an offer would improve the buying and selling process.
- Around four out of five (82%) agree that the process of buying and selling properties takes too long.