CeMAP Promoted

Members of Mortgage Promotions can go onto the Woolwich website to obtain details of their nearest Woolwich branch. The CBM will then come into the members office to assist with training at no cost.

Mike Penn, head of corporate business national accounts at Woolwich, said: "At The Woolwich we recognise the importance of advisers attaining a mortgage qualification by the end of 2002. To assist them in achieving this goal, we are able to offer presentations and training sessions delivered by a member of our experienced team of local corporate business managers."

Nick Baxter, director of Mortgage Promotions, said: "We are delighted to be working with Woolwich on CeMAP training for our members. By the end of 2002 intermediaries will need to have attained a recognised mortgage qualification – either the Certificate in Mortgage Advice & Practice (CeMAP) or the Mortgage Advice Qualification (MAQ). This may be a daunting prospect if, like many advisers, they have not been required to sit a formal examination for a number of years. The weighting of the CeMAP exam has recently been changed, with 75 per cent of the marks now dealing with application through to completion of a mortgage case. This still leaves a significant number of marks (25 per cent) for questions relating to post completion matters. It is this area of the exam that catches most advisers out, and for this reason we are offering our members the chance to receive support and training through the expertise of the Woolwich CBMs."