Social media seems to be the new way to market a business these days. Social media involves many different channels, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, LinkedIn, and more. It is a great way to communicate what you do to current clients, past clients and prospects. Does thinking about all the different channels put you in a panic or confuse you? No worries, we are here to assist with some solutions.
First, it is good to take the time and focus on the secret formula to social media success. We encourage you to take out pen and paper and write down the secret formula with answers next to them.
- Know who you are. What makes you unique? Why would someone want to work with you?
- Know what you have to sell. List everything that you focus on.
- Know what's happening in your industry. How do you stay on top of the latest information and trend?
- Know who your customer’s are. Is it people in a niche market?
- Know what your customers want. Have you asked your top past clients what they want to hear?
- Have information they might find interesting. What interesting information will they want to see?
- Share some content. Where will you get the content?
- And listen, listen, listen. How are you going to do this? Do you have a system in place notifying you of a new interaction on social media?
Now that you have a good foundation with social media, which avenue will you utilize your time and energy? In the next article we will discuss statistics with social media avenues. This will help you discover which social media sources you should be utilizing your time on.