NAME: Glenn Stearns
HOT 100: Glenn Stearns leads one of the most successful lending companies in the business today. Leveraging innovative technology to grow his firm, Stearns has grown the company into one of the top lenders in the nation, with more than $11.8bn in volume last year.
Founder & Chairman, Stearns Inc. (1989), TriVerify (2010), TriMavin (2010), Chief Management (1995)
- Chairman & Founder, Carriage Escrow (1993-2007)
- Chairman & Founder, Carriage Abstract (1999-2005)
- Loan Officer 1988
|Years of Experience:
- In 2012, an Orange County Register survey named Stearns, Inc. a "Top O.C. Workplace."
- 2011 and 2012, Mortgage Technology Magazine named Stearns, Inc. as one of its "Top 25 Tech-Savvy Lenders."
- In 2012 Glenn and his wife, Mindy, were honored as the American Couple of The Year at the Starkey Hearing Foundation Gala.
- In 2011, Glenn received the Horatio Alger Award in recognition of his personal and professional success despite humble and challenging beginnings
- In 2007, Glenn received the Orange County Business Journal – Excellence in Entrepreneurship award.
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, Towson University
- In 2003, Glenn was Awarded as the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Stearns Family Charitable Foundation, an organization dedicated to helping disadvantaged youth reach their full potential.
- He is the 2010 Chairman of the Young Presidents Organization— Southern California Chapter
- Board member of The Joe Foss Institute
- Trustee, Chapman University (2011-2013)
- Advisor, Phi Sigma Kappa Foundation
- Canyon Acres Children and Family Services
- Orange County Performing Arts Center
- BS Economics, Towson University (1987)
||Married to Mindy Burbano Stearns (TV Personality) ,
Daughters- Charlened, Taylor & Brooke
Sons- Colby, Trevor & Skyler
- In 2004, he and his wife, were chosen to play The Millionaire and His Wife of TBS’ most publicized reality show “The Real Gilligan’s Island”
- December 21 was declared by the Mayor of Newport Beach, Steven Bromberg, as the Stearns Family Charitable Foundation Day, because of Glenn’s lasting commitment to the troubled youth.
- He became a father at the age of 14
For the complete Hot 100 list, please check out MPA issue 7.06 available now.