Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

NAMB faces questions over alleged forged senator’s letter

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 24 Feb 2015, 10:14 AM Agree 0
The former Senate Banking Committee chairman's letter asks for changes to the QM rule. There's only one problem: it seems to be a fake.
  • Fred Glick | | 24 Feb 2015, 11:34 AM Agree 0
    So, someone wrote a letter and signed the name of a U S Senator......I think this is a criminal act. How dumb can someone be to think that the Senator would not see it, say it is not him and then turn it over to the Justice Department to find out who did.

It's not the crime that causes problems, it's the cover up.
  • | | 24 Feb 2015, 12:00 PM Agree 0
    Sort of like the credit explanation letter we have written to why your clients missed a Sears payment back in 2002 LOL
  • BuhBye | | 24 Feb 2015, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    Sounds like heads should roll to me...
  • Mark James mjames0654@gmail.com | | 24 Feb 2015, 02:05 PM Agree 0
    If the culprit turns out to be a mortgage lender or MortgageBroker, will be a terrible black mark on our industry.
  • Marc Savitt | | 24 Feb 2015, 02:59 PM Agree 0
    That's correct Mark. That's why it's important for NAMB to reveal the source of the letter. There's no reason for them to protect this person.
  • jim best | | 24 Feb 2015, 03:04 PM Agree 0
    im really good at forging signatures, i always forged my moms so i could take school off lol
  • The hitmen | | 25 Feb 2015, 08:35 AM Agree 0
    Just watched all the presidents men last night, a simple reminder of the disgusting corruption that exists from top to bottom in politics. The public are immune to anything untoward out of politics these days. Nancy Pelosi could eat a baby on TV and people would not even bat an eye. The CFPB are the hitmen for the big banks and regulations. Stay nimble brokers and stay under the radar, and make enough money in the next 5-10 years to get out of this business. That is my goal!
Post a reply