Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Jobs data reveals insight into future rate decision

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 04 Sep 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Will the uptick in jobs influence the Federal Reserve to raise its rate?
  • Greg | | 04 Sep 2015, 11:55 AM Agree 0
    I hope not. The Fed still needs to take into consideration that most people have taken a pay cut in order to go back to work; so the numbers may show more people back to work but those people are working for less money and are just barely getting by. America needs to become a country who manufactures rather then consume products, before we raise interest rates.
  • Anonymous | | 04 Sep 2015, 01:02 PM Agree 0
    I agree with Greg. In addition, many of us in the housing sector have either left the business entirely or have taken significant cuts to our income since the recession. I have clients telling me about having to take a 10% paycut, or whatever the case may be, and I can commiserate because I have taken between a 50% and 75% cut to my income since the market crash. It varies from year to year, but it has never recovered to even half of what I was earning before. But I am employed, so the govt could care less about my circumstances, and when looking through their rose colored glasses all is well. These people are so out of touch with what the rest of us are experiencing and they should not, with good conscience, start raising rates.
  • Phil | | 04 Sep 2015, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    The record low work-force participation rate negates the improvements in unemployment and job creation. Combine that with the Asian Contagion (this time China, not Japan), and there's no way the Fed will rock the boat with a rate increase this month, and very doubtful for December.
  • 0PointLoan.com | | 04 Sep 2015, 02:24 PM Agree 0
    What about people that fall off the work force after 18 months?
Post a reply