NAME: Marc Demetriou
HOT 100: Marc Demetriou co-hosts a weekly radio show (realestateandmoneyshow.com) that covers trends in real estate, the mortgage market and other financial topics. He can also close deals; last year, Demetriou closed $76m in residential mortgage loans. He’s been recognized as one of the top originators in New Jersey and among the top 1% in the nation.
Branch Manager/Mortgage Consultant, Residential Home Funding Corp (since August 2005)
- Co-Founder/COO, Compensation Solutions, Inc. (May 1998-May 2005)
- Agency Specialist, State Farm Insurance (September 1992-May 1998)
Years of Experience:
- Over 20 years of Experience
- Selected as one of the "Hot 100" in the mortgage industry in Dec 2013 by MPA.
- Ranked as one of "The 25 Most Connected Mortgage Professionals in the USA" by National Mortgage Professional Magazine-July 2013
- Ranked 298th in USA and 16th in NJ for Personal Production-Closed Mortgage Loan Volume of $76million in 2012 by Scotsman Guide. Ranking is among all banks, mortgage bankers and mortgage brokers. Also, ranked in the Top 1% of Loan Originators in USA based on Personal Production-Closed Loan Volume by Mortgage Executive Magazine and Origination News.
- Scotsman Guide named Marc a Top Originator in 2010: Ranked 118th in USA and 4th in NJ for Personal Production-Closed Mortgage Loan Volume of $71 million in 2010 by Scotsman Guide. Ranking is among all banks, mortgage bankers and mortgage brokers.
- Ranked 121st in USA and 6th in NJ for Personal Production-Closed Mortgage Loan Volume of $69 million in 2009 by Scotsman Guide. Ranking is among all banks, mortgage bankers and mortgage brokers.
- In 2005, NJBIZ named him one of their "Forty Under 40," an award honoring the forty most successful New Jersey business leaders under the age of 40.
- He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Meadowlands Regional Chamber of Commerce from which he received the 2005 Leadership Award for his dedication and commitment to the continued growth and development of the business community in greater Bergen and Passaic counties.
- He is licensed as a Continuing Education Instructor by the NJ State Board of Accountancy to offer credits to Accountants/CPA’s to fulfil their annual licensing requirements.
- He is a member of Chapter 453 of the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA), which is affiliated with his church, St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox, located in Wyckoff, New Jersey.
- In 2010, Marc was appointed to the Advisory Council for The Provident Bank.
- He continues to be active with The Bergen 200 Club, Habitat for Humanity and Toys for Tots programs.
- Commerce and Industry Association of NJ
- Board of Director at the Mountain Lakes Club
- BS Finance, Rutgers Business School (1988- 1991)
- Lakeland Regional High School, New Jersey
||Married with 3 children
||Travelling & Golf
For the complete Hot 100 list, please check out MPA issue 7.06 available now.