Photo-driven home shopping experience built specifically for Android Tablet's high-resolution, touch-screen interface
SEATTLE, Nov. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Zillow, Inc. (NASDAQ: Z), the leading real estate information marketplace, today launched a free real estate app for the Android™ Tablet, Zillow®'s eighth app, adding to the most popular platform of mobile real estate applications. The Zillow Android Tablet App's photo-driven home shopping experience was built specifically for the Android Tablet to take advantage of the high-resolution, touch-screen interface, allowing home shoppers to scroll through full-screen photos of homes for sale and rent, and even compare them side by side. The free app is the only real estate Android Tablet app where home shoppers can select multiple homes to compare side by side. When comparing homes, home shoppers can view photos, sort by home details and save one or all of the homes to favorites. With the Zillow Android Tablet App, home shoppers now can:
- Browse, compare and shop for homes on a large touch-screen map with information on all home types, including those for sale or rent and recently sold
- View stunning full-screen photos of homes and curbside views with Google® Street View
- Install a widget to browse nearby homes right from the tablet home screen
- Search for homes and neighborhoods utilizing voice search – just say an address, neighborhood or city and the Zillow Android Tablet App will take you there
- Use GPS to find nearby homes on the market
- Find Zestimate® home values and historical data on more than 100 million U.S. homes
- Share homes via email, Facebook® and Twitter®
"With today's announcement, we are proud to say that Zillow has the largest collection of mobile real estate apps," said Spencer Rascoff, Zillow CEO. "Zillow continues to reinvent the mobile home shopping experience and the Zillow Android Tablet App is no exception. The app was designed just for the Android Tablet and brings two entirely new features to real estate shopping – side-by-side compare and a nearby-homes widget, giving home shoppers two new ways to shop for homes."
Zillow operates the most popular platform of mobile real estate applications across Android smartphones and Tablets, Blackberry®, iPhone®, iPad®, Kindle Fire™ and Windows® Phone 7. In September 2011, Zillow was used on a mobile device more than 11 million times, with 2.4 million homes viewed on mobile devices each day – or 28 homes a second.
About Zillow, Inc.
Zillow (NASDAQ: Z) is the leading real estate information marketplace, providing vital information about homes, real estate listings and mortgages through its website and mobile applications, enabling homeowners, buyers, sellers and renters to connect with real estate and mortgage professional
s best suited to meet their needs. More than 24.6 million unique users visited Zillow's websites and mobile applications in October 2011. Zillow, Inc. operates Zillow.com
®, Zillow Mortgage Marketplace, Zillow Mobile, Postlets® and Diverse Solutions™. The company is headquartered in Seattle.