Shashank Shekhar entered the mortgage industry in 2008 with just three people in his database. After less than five years in the industry, Shekhar was among the top producers for 2012 with a production volume of $68m. A blogger, speaker and author of three books, Shekhar is widely regarded as “California’s No. 1 mortgage expert,” according to Angie’s List.
CEO, Arcus Lending (April 2008)
- Director of Mortgage Origination, Parsec Interact , Inc. (March 2004 – September 2007)
- Location Manager-Consumer Loans, GE Money (October 2000 – February 2004)
|Years of Experience:
- Bestselling author (Amazon.com); authored "First Time Home Buying 101" and "Real Estate Unleashed"
- Widely regarded as “America's Premier Mortgage Expert”
- He has been named Top 40 under 40 most influential mortgage professionals in the country for two years in a row by National Mortgage Professional Magazine
- Origination News named him to the list of 2012 Top 200 Loan Officers ranked on the basis of loan production.
- Nominated for “Entrepreneur of the Year” award at Silicon Valley Awards, 2013
- Board of Directors, GIVE Foundation (April 2013- Present)
- Competent Communicator Certification by Toastmasters International in 2010
- MBA, Marketing- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad (1998-2000)
||San Jose, California
||Married to Smita Wadhawan
Daughters- Anishka & Anya
||Spending time with family, frequenting local restaurants, sports, acquiring new skills.
||He has been featured on Yahoo! News, ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX
For the complete Hot 100 list, please check out MPA issue 7.06 available now.