HOT 100: Born and raised in Donegal, Ireland, Michael Deery moved to the US in 1994 to play soccer for the University of San Diego, and he’s brought that winning attitude to his work. In 2012, Deery was recognized as one of the top mortgage originators in the nation, funding $89m in loans. Deery is also an avid writer, contributing frequent columns to the San Diego Union- Tribune’s weekend real estate section.
President, Citywide Financial Corp (since March 2004)
- Account Executive/ Underwriter, HSBC (June 2000- February 2004)
- Senior Account Executive, Wells Fargo (May 1999-May 2000)
|Years of Experience:
- Has been in the mortgage industry for 14 years.
- National Mortgage Professional Magazines “Most Connected Loan Officers 2011”
- In 2011 and 2012, he was ranked in the Top 100 Mortgage Originators Nationwide by Scotsman Guide.
- California Association of Mortgage Brokers (CAMB)
- National Association of Mortgage Brokers (NAMB)
- BA in Business & Psychology, University of San Diego (1994-1999)
- Carndonagh Community School, Donegal, Ireland
||Missions Beach, San Diego CA
||Donegal , Ireland
||Married to Danielle
- Played Professional Soccer for Liverpool for 3 years
- In 1994, he was offered a soccer scholarship in the University of San Diego and moved to the US.
- He volunteers at the Oceanside Museum of Art
- He is currently a guest writer for the Real Estate Section of San Diego Tribune
For the complete Hot 100 list, please check out MPA issue 7.06 available now.