Before Mat joined United Wholesale Mortgage —the wholesale division of United Shore Financial— he’d already made a name for himself in the world of athletics, playing in three straight NCAA Final Fours and, with his teammates at Michigan State University, winning a national championship in 2000. When he took over, United Wholesale Mortgage was doing around $100m in mortgage generation per year. Now the CEO of both United Wholesale and United Shore, Ishbia has led the company to $6bn in residential loans in the first half of this year. That’s more than triple the company’s total production for 2011. United Wholesale is now the number five wholesaler in the US.
- President, United Shore Financial Services LLC (since January 2013)
- CEO & President, United Wholesale Mortgage (January 2003- January 2013)
- National Mortgage Professional Magazine’s Most Influential Mortgage Professionals under 40
- Crain Detroit Business 40 Under 40
- Michigan State University President’s Award Winner for Best GPA for all Senior Male Athletes
- Michigan State University three –time Academic All Big 10
- Business Management, Michigan State University (2002)
- Seaholm High School
||January 06, 1980
||Married to Emily; 1 son
||Named MVP of his team and landed conference, league, county and state acclaim in 1998
Served as team captain during his senior season
Member of the National Honor Society.
For the complete Hot 100 list, please check out MPA issue 7.06 available now.