HOT 100: As a child, Katherine Le was captured with her family as they tried to escape the Communist regime in Vietnam. Eventually relocating to Southern California, Le earned a bachelor’s degree in business management. When she took the reins at Stearns Lending, the company had an employee base of 30. Under her leadership, the company has grown to 1,500 employees, with licensing in 49 states and the District of Columbia, and become one of the largest independent mortgage lenders in California. Le was recently recognized by the Orange County Business Journal as one of the county’s most prominent female executives.
President, Stearns Lending
- Executive Vice President, Stearns Lending (October 1995 – July 2000)
- Branch Manager, CUB Funding (February 1994 – September 1995)
- Vice President/Chief Underwriter, Franklin Mortgage (March 1987 – February 1994)
- Senior Underwriter, Merrill Lynch (April 1985 – February 1987)
|Years of Experience:
- 17th Annual Women In Business Awards, Business Journal, 2011
- Beta Gama Sigma
- Hope Today (a non-profit organization helping poor people in Vietnam)
- BA, Business Administration, California State University-Fullerton (1981-1985)
For the complete Hot 100 list, please check out MPA issue 7.06 available now.