Gregory Garrabrants has led BofI Federal Bank since 2007. In that time, the bank has become a power player in the wholesale market, recently expanding its lending finance division for industrial and commercial lending. Under Garrabrant’s leadership, the bank has consistently ranked as one of the strongest-performing financial institutions in the country. BofI even teamed up with Costco, the warehouse department store, to offer mortgages to its customers, and was recently named the best of the store’s 10 providers. The company has proved that internet-based banking can be a success, posting record income in the third and fourth quarters of fiscal 2013.
- President & CEO, BofI Federal Bank (2007)
- Investment Banker, Goldman Sachs
- Consultant, McKinsey & Company
- Attorney, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom and at Munger, Tolles & Olson
- Financial Advisory Services, Deloitte Consulting
|Years of Experience:
- About 15 years ing Financial Services
- Innovations Award for “Lykken on Lending”, Progress in Lending Awards, April 2012
- Juris Doctorate, Northwestern University School of Law (Magna Cum Laude)
- Masters of Business Administration, Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University (Highest Distinction)
- Bachelor of Science, Industrial and Systems Engineering and a minor in Economics, University of Southern California (With Honors)
||He is a Chartered Financial Analyst and member of the California Bar
For the complete Hot 100 list, please check out MPA issue 7.06 available now.