NAME: Daniel Milstein
HOT 100: When Daniel Milstein fled the former Soviet Union as a teenager, he took along one suitcase and 17 cents in pocket change. Today, he’s one of the top originators in the country. Milstein established Gold Star Mortgage Financial Group in 2000 and has led the business ever since. Milstein has personally closed more than $3bn in loans, and Gold Star closes $1bn annually.
CEO & President, Gold Star Mortgage Financial Group (2000)
- Board Member/University Trustee, Cleary University (December 2009-May 2012)
- Operating & Sales Officer-Midwest Market, Golden Rule Mortgage (August 1998-December 2003)
- Underwriter, ABN AMRO Bank (December 1997- September 1999)
- Branch Manager, Comerica Bank, (February 1997 – November 1997)
- Assistant Consumer Lender Manager, TCF Bank (May 1996 – January 1997)
|Years of Experience:
- He self-published, “The ABC of Sales, Lessons from a Superstar” (2011), “17 Cents and a Dream: My Incredible Journey from USSR to Living the American Dream” (2013)
- In 2009, Gold Star was listed as one of Inc. Magazine’s 500 Fastest Growing Companies.
- Gold Star has become the 14th fastest-growing financial services company by producing revenues that were up 712% from 2005 to 2008
- No. 1 Loan Officer in the United States, Scotsman Guide
- In 2008, Gold Star was ranked by Crain’s as the area’s No. 3 mortgage lender by dollar volume
- Doctor of Business Science, Cleary University 2012
- Business Management & Finance, Cleary University 2000-2002 (Cum Laude- 3.63 GPA)
||Ann Arbor, Michigan
||He was born in Kiev, Ukraine
He graduated with honors.
For the complete Hot 100 list, please check out MPA issue 7.06 available now.