Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Yellen, White House slam Fed oversight bill

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 17 Nov 2015, 05:49 PM Agree 0
Both the Federal Reserve and the White House are registering strong opposition to a bill that would give Congress more oversight of the central bank
  • griff | | 17 Nov 2015, 06:55 PM Agree 0
    Not a fan of the federal reserve bank, but really, what can Congress do. Apparently nothing these days but make things worse.
  • | | 18 Nov 2015, 09:26 AM Agree 0
    So the Federal Reserve has to carry out their "congressional mandate" as Yellen stated but they don't want Congress involved. What a weird comment she made. Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
  • Brent C | | 18 Nov 2015, 12:26 PM Agree 0
    While I would agree that the Fed had a big hand in the housing bubble and now the stock market bubble, I cannot recommend our congress be put anywhere near monetary policy.That would turn monetary policy into a political football with even worse results than we've seen.
  • | | 18 Nov 2015, 01:19 PM Agree 0
    Things get worse before they get better!!!! Please move forward Congress, do something for the love of god, and also get rid of the Dodd Frank bill, Obamacare, and every bill signed by Obama. What a waste of tax payer’s money and who writes this stuff, Mr. Perkins from Despicable Me. Remember it was the Federal Reserve who changed, interpreted, and implemented the Dodd Frank Bill. This was after this garbage (bill) was written and approved by congress with countless letters opposing and/or delaying this legislation. This includes the author Barney Frank who had multiple concerns with the FRB including L/O compensation and broker credits.
  • Be Educated | | 18 Nov 2015, 03:11 PM Agree 0
    Of course the Federal Reserve would register strong opposition, that would mean more transparency to their operations, and I step closer to the people controling the money supply. The upsetting part is, that the White House shows opposition. Lets you know how far the Fed's influence permeates throughout our government.
    Would not be so bad, if the Fed was a government agency.
Post a reply