Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Yellen confident that interest rates will go up this year

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 10 Jul 2015, 02:10 PM Agree 0
The chair of the Federal Reserve says that interest rates will almost certainly rise before the year is out
  • Ryan Taylor | | 10 Jul 2015, 02:29 PM Agree 0
    Amazing. Just when more people start applying for unemployment. That makes sense....
  • Parkland Power team | | 10 Jul 2015, 03:12 PM Agree 0
    I agree that this is not going to be a large interest rate hike. but it will make those sitting ton the fence about buying a new home start the process.
  • MoJo | | 10 Jul 2015, 03:37 PM Agree 0
    Really? You think? Because rates have already went up and I do not see those people getting off the fence to move forward.
    I see them getting off the fence and not buying a home. Or worse, waiting for the rates to come back down and when they do not, you lose the buyer.
    Good call Yellen. Stall the economy just want it starts moving in the right direction.
  • Chris Wagner | | 10 Jul 2015, 05:22 PM Agree 0
    Perhaps yellen needs to get out of the office and see whats really happening in the economy - raising rates before the US market and Asian and European market improve is just plain irresponsible
  • Afat991 | | 10 Jul 2015, 05:58 PM Agree 0
    Yeah and I expect to grow ten inches, be twenty years younger and have new knees by the end of the year so I can join the nba. But I want to emphasize that my time machine and fantasy science fiction genetic laboratory remain highly uncertain.
Post a reply