Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Will you make more deals if you upgrade your car?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 23 Oct 2014, 07:59 AM Agree 0
What do you drive? How much of an impression do you rely on your image to make for you?

• Bruce | | 23 Oct 2014, 08:24 AM Agree 0
    Maybe I should upgrade my vehicle to improve my business. I'm still driving my 2001 Explorer Sport Trac I bought brand new. Still runs great and it's been paid for since 2005.
  • Carrie | | 23 Oct 2014, 10:26 AM Agree 0
    Although I wouldn't suggest something old like a Datsun B-210, having an older car shouldn't be an issue as long as it is kept clean and doesn't look like it's used for a demolition derby. I feel what's more important is professional appearance and being (or looking) organized. Nothing makes me more unsure about someone's ability as does a super messy desk with yesterday's lunch rotting away in the corner or a car with trash everywhere and an unidentified smell.
  • M Hipp | | 23 Oct 2014, 10:45 AM Agree 0
    Before I was ever in the mortgage industry, we were searching for our first home in San Antonio and picked a realtor based on the COMPANY's reputation, not the agent's. When she took us to show us homes in her car, I practically had to hold my breath and not scream with how messy and dirty the car was.

I do agree with the part about keeping your car clean, waxed, washed and put the mess in the trunk. In the mortgage industry I don't have clients in my car, but they do see it when I go to closings and agents see it at events, etc. You don't have to spend a whole year's paycheck and look at leasing.....it's a good write off and you get a new car every year, it just doesn't have to be a Jaguar!
  • M Hipp | | 23 Oct 2014, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    Sorry I meant to say leasing get a new car every 5 years
  • loren | | 23 Oct 2014, 11:39 PM Agree 0
    "Will you make more deals if you upgrade your car?" ...I suppose if you have an extra payment or hole in your savings as a result of a new car that needs to be replaced with more net income, more deals. It comes down to your "why" and your motivation.
Post a reply