Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Who Owns Marketing? Why the company, NOT the agent, should take control of marketing

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 02 Oct 2012, 12:06 PM Agree 0
Two runners approach a hill. One runner walks up the hill. The other runs up the hill. Which is a better strategy for a long-distance race?
  • Scott Freerksen "The Lake Guy" | | 03 Oct 2012, 03:36 PM Agree 0
    I agree. In fact, we have a simple commission structure based on if the agent got the lead themselves (higher rate for them) or if the lead came from the company (lower rate for them). It's that simple. Turns out, my agents want to spend their time building relationships and selling. Therefore, 98% of all the deals they do come from company leads. It's a win-win. My job as Broker/Owner is to make sure buyers and sellers know we exist. I bring in the leads...my agent turn them into closings.
  • James | | 13 Mar 2013, 10:52 PM Agree 0
    Rene,

Any sales based company must control their marketing internally. Real estate appears to be a different animal in the sense. As a broker / owner. I had no way of tracking e-mails and phone conversions of my agents. To know if they were delivering service excellence to the customer. Which brings me to my point.

I recently saw a large real estate company in my market whereby the broker lost nearly 80 precent of her agents base and of course their customers followed the agents.

Whom owns the customer ? The broker / owner or the agents ?
Post a reply