Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Where are the lower-credit borrowers?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 14 Feb 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A new report claims that, despite conventional wisdom, it’s actually harder to get a mortgage now than it was before the housing crisis – and that many borrowers have simply given up
  • Joe Wehage | | 14 Feb 2017, 12:00 PM Agree 0
    Getting a mortgage is easier than it has been since the financial crisis of 2008. However I don't think you will ever find the availability of mortgages like there was prior to the crisis where, if you could fog mirror you could get a mortgage. Prior to the crisis each presidential administration wanted higher home ownership. What came about was financial wranglings that insured the mortgage money keep flowing......until it no longer could. Current guidelines are more secure, which provides for a less likely repeat of the crisis. Something to be said for fiscal responsibility.
  • Richard | | 15 Feb 2017, 07:22 PM Agree 0
    I guess I could only wish too purchase another home. But the lenders don't take into consideration that I used too own a home before back in 02 until I got laid off but now I have a nice stable job and they still just basically don't even take that into consideration either. It's pretty sad
  • | | 24 Feb 2017, 08:17 PM Agree 0
    The average citizen realizes it is futile to apply because the average price of an SFR is way out of range simply because the market is overwhelmed by flippers. Flipping homes has displaced horse racing as the sport of kings. For the normal working person a home is a home not a Monopoly Game ornament.
Post a reply