Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

What’s the CFPB ruling mean? Not much, says Elizabeth Warren

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 12 Oct 2016, 12:25 PM Agree 0
The architect of the CFPB has harsh words for a recent ruling finding the agency’s structure unconstitutional – but says the ruling only amounts to a ‘small, technical tweak’ in the way the agency operates
  • | | 12 Oct 2016, 01:32 PM Agree 0
    Elizabeth Warren needs to be FIRED with no PENSION.
  • Vote Trump | | 12 Oct 2016, 02:32 PM Agree 0
    I don't think Elizabeth Warren has a clue about the real world of mortgages. I don't have a dog in the fight, but it really bothers me when people in power don't have a clue. You can't cheat people who enter an agreement and later blame someone else for their own mistakes. Consumers need to be more responsible, even after a mortgage closing. The CFPB needs to create a level playing field where borrowers are able to be more responsible. When a borrower maximizes their borrowing power by spending the most allowed by a mortgage originator on their debt ratios, why can that same borrower go and spend additional debt to increase their debt ratios with NO INCOME VERIFICATION immediately after the mortgage mortgage is closed? The CFPB is a big joke and so is the FRANK-DODD DISASTER! Consumers do not like anything about it! VOTE TRUMP!!!
  • | | 12 Oct 2016, 02:51 PM Agree 0
    If in fact the banks have returned 11 billion, they have easily recouped that and more in the new increased fees that are charge across the country allowed by the CFPB and Dodd-Frank.
  • | | 12 Oct 2016, 03:18 PM Agree 0
    Please tell me one person that received a portion of the 11 billion?
  • CFPB NOT! | | 12 Oct 2016, 03:41 PM Agree 0
    Elizabeth Warren is a fraud. She is incompetent. She is a fascist. She knows nothing about just about every business she seeks to "govern". She is the worst of D.C., at least in the legislative branch; although she is pushed by dozens of others. The CFPB has been, and will continue to be, poison to the mortgage industry and even more so to its clientele.
  • | | 12 Oct 2016, 07:10 PM Agree 0
    Wow, mad that someone has balls, its smart and its a women?
    Yup, you would vote for Trump, very sad guys, very sad.
  • | | 19 Oct 2016, 11:30 AM Agree 0
    I am in the mortgage industry, and I support the mission of the CFPB. Yes, there are kinks to be worked out, but the financial behemoths continually prove they cannot be trusted to work on our behalf. Granted, consumers bear much responsibility in any banking relationship, but consumer watchdogs, with sharp teeth, must be present and active.
  • Fauxcahontas' Foe | | 20 Oct 2016, 12:55 PM Agree 0
    How can anyone use the word 'smart' in describing Elizabeth "Fauxcahontas" Warren? She and Hillary ought to be sharing the same jail cell, even if for varying reasons.
Post a reply