Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

What if you only gave your clients good news?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 03 Apr 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 1
Prospective borrowers who don’t qualify immediately can get pretty tired of LOs calling to ask if their situation has changed. But what if you only called to deliver good news?
  • Ashby McDonald | | 03 Apr 2017, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    I always deliver good news to my clients:

"Hey Mr. and Mrs. Jones, I have good news for you! As soon as you start making more money, I can get you approved for mortgage!"
  • Doug Jones | | 03 Apr 2017, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    Lol...
  • Mike | | 03 Apr 2017, 12:49 PM Agree 0
    “I think the mortgage industry is going to go the way of the car industry,” he said.

Wow, this is quite the statement, and anyone in the mortgage biz now, is going to be quite offended by this. The mortgage biz is all about personal relationships. Whether it be with buyers or realtors, the successfull originators know this well.

You clearly have no clue how the mortgage business truly works.
  • RealitySucks | | 03 Apr 2017, 12:51 PM Agree 0
    Dear Mr and Mrs Client,

Good news... You are pre-qualified here at Duey Cheat'em and Howe Mortgage. You just need to start working more than 32 hours a week as a Barista at Starbucks, pay down your 19% interest rate max'd out Victoria Secret cards, pay off your collections, tax liens, and judgements. Save 3.50% for down payment... Oh, and the $60,000 in student mortgages... Ya, those have to go too...

Then we can provide you with a 54% back ratio FHA mortgage.

Congratulations!
  • Rose | | 03 Apr 2017, 01:11 PM Agree 1
    Being in the mortgage industry has taught me that I want to treat my clients how I want to be treated. Honesty, integrity, and willingness to show me what my options are. This has been my stance from day one. Its a shame there are untrustworthy, liars, cheaters out there that has put a bad mojo on our business. Most of us work with the troubled by hoping to advise them how to get out of situations to improve their credit standings. I work with clients in all walks of life. Each one deserves the respect that they can achieve their home ownership dream with working with a plan. That is a plan I give them with respective to their income and life style. We are NOT used car salesman.
  • MrMortgage | | 03 Apr 2017, 01:31 PM Agree 0
    Everyone does need to be treated with respect. Personally I think this is an interesting concept and I welcome any service that can help me build a better relationship with my customers. Thanks for writing the article Ryan.
  • Cutter | | 04 Apr 2017, 10:11 AM Agree 0
    Much of the mortgage industry is still based on the outdated call center model, where the focus is on transactions not relationships. I look forward to the changes.
Post a reply