Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

What does Trump presidency mean for housing?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 23 Jan 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
On Friday, Donald Trump became our 45th president. How will the building magnate’s administration affect the housing market?
  • Griff | | 23 Jan 2017, 02:43 PM Agree 0
    So far, higher mip payments on fha mortgages.
  • Renae Harris | | 23 Jan 2017, 08:58 PM Agree 0
    Not higher. They haven't changed. The outgoing administration proposed to lower the rate effective January 27th. The incoming administration put that on hold because they lacked the information needed to ensure that change isn't premature. The premium is the same today as it was last week and 6 months ago.
  • Duh | | 23 Jan 2017, 09:02 PM Agree 0
    *Higher than they would have been if he did nothing
  • | | 24 Jan 2017, 02:49 PM Agree 0
    Not higher! remains the same with no change
  • Rod | | 31 Jan 2017, 12:03 PM Agree 0
    Already had a cut that finally made them more competitive with Conventional alternatives. Take the chains off Fannie and Freddie...bring in some real career opportunities and our markets can possibly reach near pre-crash levels again. I think we see some supply problems surfacing for mid priced homes in Alabama markets due to stagnant lending market for over a decade here. When the jobs market picks up we'll see enormous demand from all the younger generation that has struggled the last decade getting started after school because of limited opportunities less retail or food service careers touted by Pelosi/Obama types. This train blowing through the Halls of congress hasn't really given us any indication on what to expect...except that it will make sense economically. We have to feel good that someone with some business acumen is now leading policy. Carson...most love him. I imagine Trump will do just like he's done in last week...call on real pro's in the field that know our business...remembering solid lending models that were abandoned in the late 90's leading to our crisis. One thing is certain...we all want to know and hope this claim of 75-80 percent reg roll back helps us. Fixing healthcare COST will help my small business more than anything else less a tax cut provided we can start making decent money again. We doubled our office and employee count since Trump won. We have a lot of confidence in him or I wouldn't have done this.
Post a reply