Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

What do Donald Trump and Elizabeth Warren have in common?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 18 Mar 2016, 11:58 AM Agree 0
Well, according to one prominent CEO, both are dangerous to the U.S. economy
  • Bill Edwards | | 18 Mar 2016, 03:28 PM Agree 0
    Ryan your head really that far down in the sand? Thomas Donohue (CEO of U.S. Chamber of Commerce) is a card carrying establishment GOP supporting donor. The Chamber has been one of the GOP establishment's main donor for years......of course he would not like Trump! Donohue wants cheap labor for his members (ie: illegal immigration). Trump wants to end illegal do the majority of voting Americans!

Trump 2016!
  • Joe | | 18 Mar 2016, 03:41 PM Agree 0
    Cheap labor doesn't require more illegal immigrants, it requires getting many americans off of wellfare and government subsidies That won't work for $40,000 a year at a job because they can get the equivalent of that in government (ie tax payer hand outs). It is important to help those who need help, welfare was intended to be a bridge to the next job not a replacement for the next job. The portion of the country living on other people's money is growing significantly faster than the portion of people contributing to society and paying taxes. This is a scary trend. People do what they are rewarded to do and avoid what they are punished to do. We reward people that are not willing to work by giving them handouts, and we punish success by overtaxing it vs. a simple fair tax. That is why America has a far lower percentage of the top 1000 companies in the world than they used to. If we continue to punish success we will have less of it, and if we continue to reward laziness will have more of it. Simple incentives and human nature.
  • White-male Voter | | 18 Mar 2016, 03:51 PM Agree 0
    I agree with what you say about Ryan Smith, but do you believe the "wall" Trump says he will build, with Mexico's money (LOL,) is going to solve the immigration situation? The only reason I'd find comfort in Trump being elected, is watching him weasel out of why he can't get accomplish anything he has said during his campaign.
  • MA broker | | 18 Mar 2016, 04:41 PM Agree 0
    How can you call that guy a CEO? He is the head of a trade group, not the head of a money making company that has to please it's customers to stay in business. The chamber has been hurting the US for years as a prime supporter of open borders and Illegal immigration.
  • BobLoblaw | | 18 Mar 2016, 04:48 PM Agree 0
    He's a CEO because that's the title given by his organization and journalists can't just make up titles. Pretty simple.
  • Cheryl M | | 18 Mar 2016, 07:39 PM Agree 0
    Thomas Donahue has Elizabeth Warren all figured out and what a nice neat little package. PERFECT. has figured out what, where, when and how with Mr. Trump, that's clear. So with those guesses, we don't know. What we do know is that the establishment is going back and forth, pacing. Well, so did my customers in the past decade. I'm not sorry about that...pace away. Now the establishment needs to figure out if, Mr. Trump is the GOP nomination, then LET"S FOR JUST ONE MINUTE go to Mr. President. I for one can not wait to see the rest of this story (story it is right now, not fact and not figured out TOM) how the establishments' world will be turned upside down, everything their worlds have been for 30 years will no longer be the same..neither will their pocket books. AHH sad too bad. I for one, would profoundly relish in the knowledge that the people who take the voting rights away from "we the people" see how it is to have their 'Nice Neat" world turned upside down because they haven't been able to buy someone and that someone (Mr. Trump) won't be bought. I for one, I'm past the Convention I'm looking forward to "the end" And by the way the only reason Ms Warren is back in the picture is that Hillary's path to criminal charges is going forward and the only best candidate they (Democrats) have is Warren. REALLY. The GOP needs to, and NOW get their act together and come together. IF we all want to keep our jobs, keep the smaller banks alive and diminish/slow the "regulation train we need to voice this to our elected officials sooner rather than later. This industry can not have 4 more years of this, the nation can not have Justices set by the Clinton's.
  • | | 19 Mar 2016, 11:18 AM Agree 0
    Trade restrictions are bad for the American economy? Which American economy?

For the past 30 years, US per capita GDP has gone up substantially--more than 30%. And yet, when indexed for inflation, the average worker earning the median salary is making less. How is that?

All of the benefits of Globalization and Automation have gone to the top 4%. Half of these benefits have gone to the top 1%. The other 96% of the population? Stagnant wages, longer hours, less vacation and drastic healthcare increases.

On "average" when you put one hand in liquid nitrogen and the other hand in molten lava, you should be comfortable. So it is with the economy. It's true that trade restrictions are bad for the economy as a whole. But in reality, all of this free trade brings only harm to 96% of the population.

The right thing is to keep free trade AND make sure it benefits everyone! Don't want to provide handouts or increase the foot print of federal entitlement programs? Fine. There are over $2 Trillion in deferred maintenance on US infrastructure. Our roads are in awful shape. We have bridges that are spontaneously collapsing. Damns and levees need to be fixed or rebuilt. Fixing our infrastructure is good for the entire nation. It would also provide much needed jobs to help in this transition brought on by Globalization and Automation.

We've tried trickle down for 30 years. It clearly hasn't worked. The middle class is not going down without a fight.
Post a reply