Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Wells Fargo employee who requested company-wide raises resigns

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 08 Apr 2015, 04:00 AM Agree 0
The employee who emailed the CEO and cc’d 200,000 others at the bank about getting a raise criticized the company’s compensation philosophy in his resignation letter.
  • Dale H | | 08 Apr 2015, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    Pursuing a career in agriculture in oregon Hmmmm Marijuana farm????
  • Jeff B | | 08 Apr 2015, 10:04 AM Agree 0
    Why did this idiot get an additional 15 minutes of fame? This article seemed to imply a bias towards Oates when it implied that Stumpf received a 40% raise while the poor rabblerouser went from $13/hour to $15/hr. Had the author used the proper comparison, the correct comparison is that Oates received a 15% raise over the same period relative to the CEO. While still not comparable, a rational person should assume that a CEO's worth is measured and compensated differntly than an hourly employee.

As a manager, I have no problem with people valuing themselves higher than their company does but the rational solution to the problem is to be diplomatic in the negotiations and if the aggrieved employee is not satisfied with the result, to find work for an employer who will pay the rate that the employee demands. It is a free market in the space that exists amongst the government regulations and until this space ceases to exist, we should encourage folks like Oates to go play in it. It sounds like he ultimately did after committing a very selfish and unprofessional act of defiance.
  • Dale Jr. | | 08 Apr 2015, 10:10 AM Agree 0
    Dale it seems that if I worked somewhere seven years and only received a two dollar raise, and my company CEO and the business made record profits. I might consider selling "marijuana" myself.

But working for Wells Fargo seems like another agriculture system I know, slavery.
  • Brad P | | 08 Apr 2015, 10:14 AM Agree 0
    Well stated Jeff B. I guess the argument from Oats should have been sent to his elected officials to cease tilting the regulations in the favor of big business. As an EX team member of Wells, I have watched my former co-workers get paid less with added responsibility each year. Now that the economy has improved, you would think they would know better, get up and leave. But people are complacent, like sheep - and Wells Fargo is wily like the coyote.
  • Mike S | | 08 Apr 2015, 11:02 AM Agree 0
    Always poking fun at the black man. Wells is a slaveship just like MvDonalds only difference is that you have a phone and a tie instead of a hat and spatula. I applaud the man for his efforts as well as hi decision to move on. Just because he's moved out of finance and into agriculture does not mean the business is illegal...
  • BVG | | 08 Apr 2015, 02:54 PM Agree 0
    LOL- guy is an idiot? Spoken like a true Company man.
  • | | 10 Apr 2015, 06:53 PM Agree 0
    He isn't black. Check his Facebook.
Post a reply