Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

UPDATE: FHFA exec arrested for threatening to shoot Ed DeMarco

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 07 May 2014, 08:38 AM Agree 0
The chief operating officer of the FHFA has been charged with a felony after allegedly threatening to shoot former Acting Director Edward DeMarco
  • billy jim | | 06 May 2014, 04:59 PM Agree 0
    That is nothing short of sad .... He was probably frustrated at being so heavily regulated in his position....
  • Mark | | 06 May 2014, 05:02 PM Agree 0
    I must be an evil person - this was the best laugh all day
  • Z | | 06 May 2014, 05:06 PM Agree 0
    Another political criminal making rules!
  • Cheryl M | | 06 May 2014, 05:55 PM Agree 0
    Probably sends the "wrong message" threats by Federal employees. Isn't it true when the Fed make threats they usually mean it? Not the threat he was going for? Oops Don't they realize they're always being watched, video taped or a "Mic on?" Stupid people do stupid things I guess
  • Steve | | 06 May 2014, 06:04 PM Agree 0
    I am with Mark - this was the best laugh I had all day. I am sure he was not serious and probably made an off the cuff inappropriate remark. The Reich Chancellor didn't like it so is now going to make him pay. I am poking fun of the situation but in reality it is very sad as well as alarming. These men are supposed to govern us when they can not govern their own behavior?
  • John | | 06 May 2014, 07:14 PM Agree 0
    I can't even believe I'm reading this, it must be a joke?
  • EB in CA | | 06 May 2014, 07:36 PM Agree 0
  • Anne James | | 06 May 2014, 08:14 PM Agree 0
    He and Richard Cordray should run on a ticket for 2016!
  • david i | | 06 May 2014, 11:03 PM Agree 0
    too bad a sign of the times
  • John O. | | 06 May 2014, 11:18 PM Agree 0
    This is horrible and unbelievable. Why?
  • Dame Tehachapi | | 07 May 2014, 09:08 AM Agree 0 tolerance is fine. If a director can be launched this easily.....I should have his job.
  • Carol | | 07 May 2014, 09:15 AM Agree 0
    Frustration can put anyone over the edge.
  • Cheryl M | | 07 May 2014, 09:28 AM Agree 0
    Well that will be hard to plea down to lesser charge. Will be a problem applying for NMLS licensing in the future too. LOL Good question John O why? But he'll have to tell his side on May 14 stay tuned...We can all be sure MPA will follow up on this story.
  • Steve | | 07 May 2014, 09:49 AM Agree 0
    I suppose if someone can't get licensed as an MLO via NMLS because of the moral standards that have been set then they can run for political office or apply for a job at FHFA. LOL
  • Ryan W | | 07 May 2014, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    Sounds like he went postal after sorting through all the new laws he had to learn AND enforce.
  • DM | | 14 May 2014, 01:50 PM Agree 0
    This is great. Pretty soon we will be arrested for anything someone doesn't like you for. I thought this was a free country, unless he had a gun pointed at his head , this kind of crap is about worthless. It's all about the dollar now. The law can find anything to charge you for.
Post a reply