Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

TRID implementation costs add up

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 05 Oct 2015, 06:30 AM Agree 0
Lenders have spent billions of dollars in technology-system changes and training to get ready for the changeover, says one association president – a claim that has been compared to crocodile tears
  • joanna | | 05 Oct 2015, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    These new rules will only frighten more people into deciding to rent. Rentals are up and sales are down in my area. Educating the students in high school as to being responsible. Paying back what you borrow on time and with no excuses should be a mandatory coarse instead of how to get rewarded in points, gifts and so on when you borrow more. People don't get rewarded for doing the right thing like saving but the get rewarded for being in debt. Making more hurdles to purchasing a home won't correct the bigger issues in the mortgage industry. It will only delay settlements, cause more stress, keep more people out of the market when they hear the horror stories. joa
  • Ben | | 05 Oct 2015, 04:48 PM Agree 0
    Typical response from an "opinion" writer with Bloomberg. Sit back and write your "opinions" without having had any real, in the trenches, industry experience. Sick of all those that think that Change can be done with just the wave of a magical wand and with no added expense to consumers. Everyone of my AMC's have increased their appraisal fees effective today due to TRID. But to the "master opinion" writers, I'm just complaining !
  • Dimasint | | 05 Oct 2015, 09:42 PM Agree 0
    Have you tried Encompass for your workflow?
  • KAS | | 14 Oct 2015, 01:48 AM Agree 0
    Ben, my sentiments exactly.
Post a reply