Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Trial underway for Fannie Mae employee accused of kickback scheme

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 13 Mar 2014, 06:26 AM Agree 0
The trial of a former Fannie Mae employee accused of soliciting kickbacks for foreclosure listings has begun in California
  • | | 13 Mar 2014, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    If he gets 3 years in prison that would be $3733 per year he would have earned. Does everyone remember Kwame Kilpatrick. He took an estimated 900,000 but got 27 years, so that worked out to be 33,333 per year.

Crime does not pay and neither does mortgage fraud. I have made 6 figures for over a decade honestly. I am thankful they finally cleaned up our industry....
  • Ron | | 13 Mar 2014, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    Good! Great job Mr. Maughan! Our industry can use as much infusion of honesty and integrity as possible. And of course we all know the attorney field could use a huge douse of the same; really? So should we all figure out how to make extra money from our job positions and call it "a commonly accepted practice"?
  • Aaron | | 13 Mar 2014, 01:02 PM Agree 0
    Hats Off to the real estate broker for being honest and reporting this kick back scheme.
  • Lee in CA | | 13 Mar 2014, 03:47 PM Agree 0
    He deserves prosecution to the full extent of the law. Anyone who believes that Mr. Granillo isn't a bad guy is obviously inclined to the same sort of self-enrichment that has now caught up with Mr. Granillo. The real "tell" here is that the realtor turned him in... which implies that Granillo was putting pressure on him in an attempt to get 20% of his commissions. It also appears that Granillo approached the realtor which makes it all the more evident that Granillo is the same sort of low life that continues to haunt this industry.
Post a reply