Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Timeshare fraud

Notify me of new replies via email
Diane Baker | 10 Nov 2016, 12:39 PM Agree 0
In 2014, my husband and I purchased a timeshare in Freeport , Bahamas. The contract stated that we were obligated to pay a maintenance fee( excluding VAT tax), also that would not increase more than 3 percent per year.. We have been victims of breach of contract at least 4 times.
1. After paying our fees in 2015, we received a bill for an additional $25 which we paid, but shouldn't have.
2. Our contract maintenance fees were to be $703. The 2015 fees were more than the three percent increase which was the contracted limit.
3. Our 2016 fees have increased more than 3 percent which is the contract limit.
4. They also are billing me for an additional $250 for hurricane repairs.. not in the contract. Most maintenance fees include insurance. This would be an additional $2,500,00 at least - according to my calculations.
I am obligated to pay my maintenance which I will pay. If I do not pay the $250 will I be turned into a collector. A finance company in California handles all of my payments.
This timeshare on not in the US. Who did I contact.
Post a reply