Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

There are four kinds of originators – which one are you?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 17 Sep 2015, 06:00 AM Agree 0
There are distinct types of originators in today’s mortgage market, and knowing where you fit is half the battle
  • Omega | | 17 Sep 2015, 01:37 PM Agree 0
    The common thread throughout your article is, SET EXPECTATIONS and the originator regardless of his " category" will succeed .
    While I don't disagree with this needed and properly developed SET EXPECTATIONS skill set, the expectations set by
    the originator cannot be any better than the process from Origination to funding/closing which is set and directed by the company the Originator represents. Could it be that there are more "flawed" Company processes than there are "flawed" originators.

I have 42 years experience in the Financial Industry, have hired and trained many originators..even fired a few in my time..
    And.. I think there are really only TWO " types" of Originators..Those that produce...and those that don't. Bottom Line!
Post a reply