Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The Ubiquitous Business Card, for Mortgage Loan Officers

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 28 Jan 2012, 12:05 AM Agree 0
I had taken a brief ‘vacation’ from my column over the last few months, and I am glad to reappear in this fine publication. Sorry to those who agonized over my leave of absence and could not get their fix of the Tip of the Month, but here I am.
  • Sheron Guffin | | 06 Jul 2012, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    I really can't see the need for all businesses to get involved with social media…like who is going to want to follow what their Accountant is up to?
  • Charlie Bravo | | 10 Jul 2012, 02:03 PM Agree 0
    @Sheron I couldn't agree more. Who really wants status updates from their dentist, ob/gyn, or plumber? These persons all provide greatly needed services and value. But no one cares about these services until needed. A status update from a plumber would be likened to the scene in Steve Martin's, "The Jerk", where Steve Martin's character, Navin Johnson, gets excited about the arrival of the new phone book and starts shouting to the world, "The new phone book is here."....
  • Jenny Cartwright | | 11 Jul 2012, 01:07 PM Agree 0
    I couldn't disagree more with either of you. Each of the businesses that you referenced provides services and a unique perspective on their niche in the industry. I wouldn't mind receiving a free tax tip or two via social media from my accountant. And perhaps I have been waiting to replace a plumbing fixture in my bathroom and then I come across a 25% off facebook coupon from my plumber which prompts my decision to move forward. There are a million applications for social media, the main one being timely visibility in a world where information is at everyone's fingertips.
Post a reply