Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The Many Ways to Be Relieved of Your Timeshare Obligations

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 24 Apr 2013, 03:24 PM Agree 0
While it is true that a timeshare contract is a binding legal document, it is often mistakenly thought that such a contract cannot only be cancelled. In fact, most timeshare companies maintain that their contracts are non – cancellable. This misconception is perpetuated by timeshare companies and user groups that are funded, maintained and controlled by the timeshare industry.
  • nalee | | 08 Jan 2014, 08:29 PM Agree 0
    "Timeshares answers" and "cancel by owner" are these legit companies that can help you terminate your contract? They are asking $2500 fee. I fear that it might be a scam.
  • Yaneli Roberts | | 23 May 2014, 04:11 PM Agree 0
    Never pay upfront fees!!

Unfortunately the timeshare industry is riddled with scam and fraud companies that are linked with each other. Many of the rental or resale companies that the timeshare developers recommend charge upfront fees, and are another scam. If the company is willing to work on a commission basis for a successful outcome, then they are likely reputable, but if they ask for fees in advance, this is the first sign to walk away. I know a legit companies called Mexican Timeshare Solutions, here's the website link:
  • Ursula Rice | | 21 Jul 2014, 03:46 PM Agree 0
    The timeshare industry has been into the lion’s mouth for the last couple of years, and it has generated lots of controversy and discussions in many forums and blogs on the web. However, since we’re living an economic downturn, anyone would expect that the timeshare sales collapse, but instead of that the sales seem to be increasing… but this comes with a trap: timeshare scams are increasing too. That leads us to the question: then, why keep people investing on timeshares?
  • a1jacmac | | 03 Aug 2014, 10:34 AM Agree 0
    The timeshare we bought into has fallen into disrepair and is reputed to now be a center for drugs and prostitution. As a result our trading power has plummeted. Our once GOLD standard trade power used to be one week at our timeshare equalled TWO weeks trade. Now it's just the opposite…..we must bank two of our weeks to get not quite ONE week of trade.
    We feel that our contract has been violated. We cannot stay at our "home" timeshare because of it's reputation…..yet we cannot sell it nor even use it for reasonable trade power.
    We have had this timeshare for over 10 years but want nothing more than to be released from this worthless contract.
    Do we have any legal recourse for this?
  • John Stephens | | 04 Aug 2014, 09:14 AM Agree 0
    It's difficult to know without knowing the name of the resort or where it is located. Try emailing and see if they can help.
  • William Matz | | 04 Aug 2014, 10:52 AM Agree 0
    Cannot evaluate without a lot more info. "Timeshare" covers a wide variety of structure [fee simple, time of use, vacation club, etc.]. Answer may depend upon which type you have. Critical issue is why the disrepair. Owner fee defaults? Bad management? Many potential contract defenses, even fraud, could apply. Best to do brief review with an attorney licensed in the state of the unit you own [?]. I have been analyzing timeshare offerings for years, taking advantage of their inducements. I show them my spreadsheets that prove why, except in rare instances, timeshares don't make economic sense. The presentations often involve serious misrepresentations;e.g., in response to my inquiry about trading a week for a cruise, I discovered that their trade "discount" resulted in my paying a higher price than I paid for a cruise just completed. Still searching for a timeshare that makes sense.
  • EAL | | 07 Aug 2014, 11:59 AM
    Deleted by moderator
  • Ryan Smith | | 12 Aug 2014, 09:56 AM
    Deleted by moderator
  • Mr.Edwards | | 12 Aug 2014, 02:58 PM
    Deleted by moderator
  • Patricia Gilbert | | 25 Aug 2014, 10:37 AM
    Deleted by moderator
  • stephanie | | 05 Sep 2014, 10:08 AM Agree 0
    I have a wyhdem and I was misinformed about everything on this time share from selling, renting it to using the points for a cruise which is higher price to being able to book place any time, I want to know who to trust to get rid of this seems there are so many scammers wanting money up front, does this getting out of a time share hurt your credit? we have great credit and are a small business and cant afford to have are credit hurt, any help thank you
  • | | 13 Oct 2014, 08:48 PM Agree 0
    We bought a timeshare while on holiday in vegas last year thru eldorado group. We want to get out of it now but do not know where to start and how to do it as we live in New Zealand. Can someone please help us
  • | | 24 Oct 2014, 11:59 AM Agree 0
    We are considering ReedHein & Associates - TimeShare Exit Team out of Seattle. Has anyone heard of them and their legitimacy? Thanks in advance.
  • meb | | 25 Nov 2014, 07:47 PM Agree 0
    yes recently someone wanted to scam me with a timeshare, it sounded too good to be true, so im glad i followed my instincts,
    thanks for this article, very insightful <a href="">NorthPark Residence</a>
  • tab | | 30 Nov 2014, 07:42 PM Agree 0
    I am also considering ReedHein, any feedback?
  • Nicole | | 12 Dec 2014, 06:51 PM Agree 0
    I was conned into buying a timeshare while on vacation in Puerto Vallarta. I was told all the usual lies about how it could be rented and that my fees would be fixed. I was also told I would be part of a non-profit "vacation club" that would give me discounts on airfare and travel. Also lies. Tried to cancel with the credit card, which failed. After a couple of years of frustration and searching, I found a law firm (Abrams Law) and an organization in Mexico (MTS) that works with the Mexican government to get the timeshare canceled. Each of these would take the case on contingency. I eventually went with Mexico Timeshare Solutions since the price was a bit lower and they had gotten other people out of Villa del Palmar before. It was about a 4 month process. Their communication wasn't always the best, but they did get the contract canceled and I'm finally rid of it.
  • Was scammed | | 17 Dec 2014, 04:33 PM Agree 0
    Has anyone had any luck canceling their time share with diamond resorts in sedona? They misrepresented themselves stating that buying their time share would cost me less money than paying for a hotel in the long run. It actually is costing me a lot more than a hotel! ILX was the company I signed with and they were taken over by diamond resorts and converted my week into points and they have increased the yearly maintance fees tremendously! It is too expensive for me to continue and I would appreciate any suggestions.
  • jhubers | | 22 Dec 2014, 03:56 PM Agree 0
    Anyone know anything about Reed Hein?
  • Amyc | | 02 Jan 2015, 11:41 AM Agree 0
    We actually own a timeshare with diamond resorts and just left sedona. We used up the points from last year so we wouldn't lose them. We contacted some websites to find out what it would take to get out of our timeshare because our maintenance fees are way too high and keep going up and we can go on a regular vacation for cheaper then what we pay with diamond. We talked to Bryan Wirth from the Colorado office from the timeshare exit team aka reed and associates and he seemed very legit and spoke to us for about an hour on a web conference call and explained everything to us on how they are able to get us Out. He seemed very professional and emailed us all kinds of stuff to prove it. I have searched everything I could online about this firm and all the reviews are good. Everyone says they do get you out of your timeshare legally forever. We do have to put 50% down but the rest we can make payments to them for 12 months with no interest. I'm about 99% sure we are going to contact them back tomorrow and proceed with their firm. Has anyone else spoken to them physically? What was your experience ?
  • pmccoy | | 05 Jan 2015, 05:17 PM Agree 0
    did you enter a contract with them? what are they charging you to get you out of your timeshare liability
  • | | 15 Jan 2015, 07:35 PM Agree 0
    Yes, I am also dealing with Diamond Resorts. I want out. Our fees went from 685 to over 1200 per year.
  • Jesse d | | 19 Jan 2015, 08:19 AM Agree 0
    Please let me know how to get out of this scam. I too am mad about the maintenance fees $2000.00 this year. I can stay in a real nice resort for that amount.
  • Miller | | 20 Jan 2015, 06:00 PM Agree 0
    It's a scam, hope you figured it out in time
  • Miller | | 20 Jan 2015, 06:01 PM Agree 0
    ReedHein & Associates or Reed and Hein or Timeshare Exit co all the same, all a scam
  • Miller | | 20 Jan 2015, 06:02 PM Agree 0
    You are correct.
  • Debra, Lexington, KY | | 28 Jan 2015, 04:51 PM Agree 0
    So, if all the above-mentioned companies are scams or as bad as the timeshares, is there a legitimate company that can help with this problem? I, too, am tired of the rising costs - maintenance, exchange fees, membership fees, all-inclusive fees that weren't there when we bought...we've paid for our property, but want out.
  • terry | | 01 Feb 2015, 08:43 PM Agree 0
    Did you go through them after all? I'm considering using them here in San Diego. Please advise how it went.
  • terry | | 01 Feb 2015, 08:48 PM Agree 0
    Have you dealt with them as a timeshare owner? Are is this from research? Just asking because I'm covering all my resources to make a finale choice to use them. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • terry | | 01 Feb 2015, 09:03 PM Agree 0
    HI thank you for your post, I wanted to confirm if you went through timeshare exit team and if so how did it go. I'm looking into their company references and want to try to get out of my timeshare as well. I'm with Diamond for 1 year already since they bought out Monarch. The fees are out of my league and drying out my accounts.
    We are dealing with health issues and cant afford the expense any longer. If you can give me any feed back if you decided to go with them and how did it turn out.
  • Jennifer, Canada | | 09 Feb 2015, 01:27 PM Agree 0
    We too need out of our timeshare mainly due to health reasons. We are considering Reed Hein and Associates who seem to show signs of being reputable but would really like to know someone who has dealt with them. Need the info. ASAP.
    Thanks to anyone to sends a reply.
  • Jennifer | | 10 Feb 2015, 08:54 PM Agree 0
    Terry, Are you looking at Reed Hein & Associates - Timeshare Exit Team?
    We have searched as much as we can but can't find anything untoward with the company. How are you making out?
  • Jennifer | | 10 Feb 2015, 08:58 PM Agree 0
    Amyc, I was wondering if you went through Reed Hein & Associates - Timeshare Exit Team? If so, how are you making out? Would greatly appreciate your input.
  • Miss ewe | | 11 Feb 2015, 10:40 AM Agree 0
    Reading your posts makes my heart bleed. We are in the same dilemma. Went to Vegas (from San Diego) for a honeymoon last december and went home with a worthless "investment" with Diamond Resort. our first monthly payment is due in two days and the club fees in three weeks after. Tried calling Help for Timeshare Owners (based in FL), they are not listed in BBB but have A rating, asking for $1680 but they can arrange three separate payment with us. They advised us not to make any payments to the timeshare at all. We also called Timeshare Answers (FL based, charges $2500 upfront fees) but told us to keep paying while we take legal actions and will make it as part of recovery charge later. We don't really know which way to go, but base on input here, we might call Mexican Timeshare solutions.
  • Jennifer | | 11 Feb 2015, 05:32 PM Agree 0
    Miss ewe,
    According to the Reed Hein website, they have an office in San Diego. Perhaps they could advise and assist you.
  • Sheila | | 15 Feb 2015, 04:09 PM Agree 0
    I really don't trust anything/anyone when it comes to timeshares anymore. However, I do trust a couple of Consumer Advocates that we have on the radio here in Denver, especially since they are always warning about various timeshare exit scams. They promote ReidHein & Associates, aka Timeshare Exit Team, so we decided to talk to them. We signed a contract with ReedHein yesterday. Their fee is based on whether or not you still have a mortgage on your timeshare and how much the mortgage is. We still have a mortgage and for us the fee is roughly one year of mortgage payments - that is one year of return on investment, which I consider to be really good. I'll try to remember to post back with the results, with that hopefully being within 3-6 months.

Side note - they did not make a recommendation for or against continuing to make our monthly payments. They did say that if we chose to stop and there was a ding on our credit report, they would supply a letter stating that legal action was being taken against the mortgage company. However, I will continue to make my payments as I have extremely good credit and will take no chances in damaging that. Additionally, since my yearly dues are due in two weeks, I will pay them and immediately deposit my week into II so that I get something for that week regardless of the outcome of all of this.
  • Esteban n/a | | 25 Feb 2015, 05:02 PM Agree 0
    I actually talked with ReedHein Associates..they too want money upfront. I want to believe in them, but I just don't know. Why can't they get you out of the timeshare contract then charge a fee....this way you kind of know what your paying for. Any suggestions/
  • Cwc | | 26 Feb 2015, 06:57 PM Agree 0
    I too have been scammed by Welk Resort Group, have declining health and financial hardship due to owning for the timeshare points and annual maintenance fees. I do not trust anyone anymore due to this experience and am trapped for the rest of my life unless someone can help me find a way out. This is like being obligated to the mafia. They have no ethics and make no response to requests for settlement
  • Frustrated timeshare owner | | 26 Feb 2015, 10:59 PM Agree 0
    We had a timeshare in nuevo vallarta. Reed hein is the way to go. Very trustworthy,reliable and honest. All it took was 5months and now no more timeshare headache.
  • | | 28 Feb 2015, 09:41 AM Agree 0
    Did you end up,using reed hein? Did you get out of your timeshare somehow.
  • | | 01 Mar 2015, 06:16 PM Agree 0
    Has anyone tried seeking just a regular lawyer? I met with timeshare exit team and the fact that we have to put out $8000 with a down of 2500 just doesn't seem right to me. we just signed up for our timeshare in November and decided we wanted out within 2 weeks and tried to just does not seem right
  • | | 04 Mar 2015, 08:39 AM Agree 0
    Yes we did go with Reed Hein and associates and yes we are timeshare free now
  • Timeshare Blues | | 12 Mar 2015, 03:30 PM Agree 0
    What find of Documents were you provided with the ensure that you are timeshare free now? When did you sign up with Reed Hein and associates how long did it take to free you of your timeshare and how much time has passed since? What I'm thinking is Time Tells All. If a year or 2 has passed since you have been timeshare free and nothing has reared it's ugly head than you are most likely timeshare free. This I would really like to know! if anyone on this blog can let me know that would be great. I also am looking into ReedHein and Associates.
  • mike | | 14 Mar 2015, 11:06 PM Agree 0
    We just met with a reed hein & associates rep in LA and i to want to believe in this company. They want $4500 up front. Why up front? I'm so done with my timeshare and just want it behind me. They (reen hein) have 2 complaints on tne BBB website with 2 resolutions. I just want to know if anyone has had absolute success. They said I could put 50% down and make interest free payments over 12 months. They said the process could take up to 9 months. So technically i could still owe them money after this is all said and done. I've already been burned by a listing company for $600. That sucked. getting burned for $4500 would be devastating. So if anyone has a success story please share it.
  • mike | | 15 Mar 2015, 12:32 AM Agree 0
    My wife and i met with a rep from reed and hein assoc and they do seem legit. It is just scary to dish out that kind of money to a company that promises something when there are so many scammers out there. You cant help but wonder if this is a new type of scammer. Did you have any luck with them.
  • Mark | | 19 Mar 2015, 03:55 AM Agree 0
    I have three timeshares that I want to get rid of. Anyone have any experience with Reed Hein to of Lake Oswego, Oregon
  • Michael | | 20 Mar 2015, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    Bought a TS in 2000 used it for 9 years. Each year it cost from 2,500.00 to 5,000.00 for transportation and attractions. I have paid it off and tried to list it in 2010 got took for $600. My maintenance fee went from 265.00 a year to 700.00. I tried to surrender my deed to the TS company with no luck. Listed for rent during week 51. no takers. SO decided to stop paying fees. That was four years ago. They sent it to collections this year. I'm doing this by principle. They rent property all year round at hotel rates which is about 10 percent above my maintenance fee for 7 days 6 nights. It's not about helping you it's about bleeding you. There is no owner preference or member liaison department to work with you. The HOA is a sham the members have no recourse for input or say. I feel that I have no representation and I'm just a cash cow. We'll see how far they want to peruse. I think from what I've seen that 7 years is the cut off point that they give up and remove your name from the deed. I've got three years to go. I'm done being taken and have let the credit bureaus know that is a timeshare company that is trying to collect on maintenance fees. Wish me luck.
  • Dave | | 25 Mar 2015, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    I am interested in anyone that has accused the time share of misrepresentation/failure to perform and hired an attorney and ended up with a negotiated settlement? These Time Share Exit law firms most likely are doing the same thing. I have hired attorney's in the pat for a number of things and paying more than $5k to get out of a time share deal doesn't seem to make sense.
  • Krishnapriya | | 28 Mar 2015, 08:57 PM Agree 0
    So credit bureaus are ok if you say it is a timeshare company?
  • Krishnapriya | | 28 Mar 2015, 09:00 PM Agree 0
    We got duped once - we paid 3000 dollars to get out. Diamond resorts took 9 months to send the title to us. The company that took 3000 disappeared. it was timeshare relief. Today we went for a presentation. They told us to sign a mortgage deed for 59000.00 and put 5900 down. They claimed that they would sell it for 140,000 and take 30% commission and give us 40000. I said I will give it away to you for free. Oh, no they cannot do that they said. If anyone knows any attorney, please post.
  • Alberta | | 28 Mar 2015, 11:13 PM Agree 0
    I agree with you, what amount are they asking for? Good info helps everyone.
    We are meeting them tomorrow
    I will keep in touch
  • SoCalJames23 | | 29 Mar 2015, 12:55 AM Agree 0
    I signed a contract with timeshare exit team (ReedHein & Associates) and they successfully got us out of our timeshare after about 3 months from when we started with them. We choose to pay the entire cost upfront by check because they gave us a significant discount for doing so. We felt comfortable doing so because of their success rate and guarantee. Although it was tough to trust them at first I am super happy with our decision and can't thank them enough. They are who they say they are and are very professional every step of the way. We are now timeshare free!
  • Krishnapriya | | 02 Apr 2015, 02:44 AM Agree 0
    How would I know if a person posting that they are timeshare free is not from a rogue company like Timeshare relief. Diamond said that they will not transfer title to llcs. Only to individuals. And it is so funny because they say you will never find a person to buy it and yet they can sell my POS for more than 100000? If anyone who says they are timeshare free in the last three months can post the company they had the timeshare with I would like to hear.
  • Krishnapriya | | 02 Apr 2015, 02:48 AM Agree 0
    Wish you luck. Please let us know the credit bureau's response.
  • Krishnapriya | | 02 Apr 2015, 03:17 AM Agree 0

Go to the federal trade commission site

Where they give you advise on how to check on timeshare reseller.

Contact the state Attorney General and local consumer protection agencies in the state where the reseller is located. Ask if any complaints are on file. You also can search online for complaints.
  • Alberta | | 03 Apr 2015, 02:57 PM Agree 1
    We did meet with ReedHein & Associates Mar 29 2015
    We also paid up front for their assistance in getting out of our time share in Ixtapa.
    We did not have a mortgage and we where told that it could take up to 3 months to have this resolved.
    Yes it is very scary to pay up front, however we did.
    I gathered that having no mortgage is easier to get out of the time share.
    I did question the 2 incidents against them. He indicated that both have been withdrawn.

We have been contacted by RH and they are waiting for our Power of Attorney which has been mailed to them.

I will keep this site posted
  • ArtisticEllen | | 04 Apr 2015, 07:03 PM Agree 0
    I found this page while searching for credentials on the Timeshare Exit Team, which was recommended to me by a cousin who had a friend who used them with success. They want $6995 to erase my timeshare contract with Summerwinds Resorts. I don't have it, but they also told me that not paying on the timeshare anymore would make my credit score decline by only about 80 points. I don't really care about a credit score because the only use I can see for it is to get a mortgage. I tried to get a bank mortgage for $5000 about 5 years ago and they wanted collateral. I had 2 old vehicles at the time and they said that was good, except I would have to put full coverage insurance on them first. So I didn't, and forgot about trying to get a mortgage. Now I also have a house that I could use for collateral, but it's paid for and I don't want to jeopardize my home, so I'm not even going to go to a bank. I have no rich relatives and my only option to raise the money is to save up, no easy feat. Therefore, I've decided to take the risk and stop paying on the timeshare mortgage, save the money instead, and in 20 months more or less I will have the money if I still want to go with TimeshareExitTeam. I will be watching what happens on this thread, so please, those of you who said you have gotten out of your timeshare, I would really appreciate it if you would follow up in a few months!!!!! Thank you very much in advance. FOR SOME REASON EVERY TIME I TYPE THE WORD L O A N, IT CHANGES TO MORTGAGE.
  • ArtisticEllen | | 04 Apr 2015, 07:07 PM Agree 0
    Paying up front is scary, but I'm a business owner who paints custom work and I make everyone pay up front. There are a lot of people who will order something and then never come back, so that is my policy. TimeshareExitTeam (ReedHein) told me their fee is legal fees, just like in a divorce. It is for their handling the negotiations and the paperwork. It sounds real good and I want to trust them, but you see I am on this website looking for reassurance. I've had 2 divorces and both times my lawyers made me pay first.
  • ArtisticEllen | | 04 Apr 2015, 07:35 PM Agree 0
    Alberta, you posted yesterday, and I would like to hear from you again in 6 months and a year to see if there is any fallout. Please see my 2 posts which follow yours, thank you!!!!
  • VegasHere | | 06 Apr 2015, 05:08 PM Agree 0
    Met with ReedHein last Friday. All I can say it they are consistant with their promise and there is nothing shocking from what I'm seeing in all of these posts. They see like our best option. Scared and desparate to get out too. Good luck everyone.
  • Andrew C. | | 07 Apr 2015, 09:31 AM Agree 0
    I work for a similar company, we Cancel Time Shares. The fact is it costs us money upfront to cancel a contract, no upfront fee's means we might not get paid. We have to pay out 500 just to get the process started from there we have to pay your specific caseworker, we have a sales team that needs to be paid as well as consultants, taxes on everything, the lowest we can go is 1,495 all of the cancel company's are legit. Some are going to charge a lot more then others often one of the smaller company's will give you the same service for thousands less. Yesss they can cancel your timeshare get a guarantee in writing. Your money back or there company is charged with fraud, and they are out of business. Almost any timeshare can be canceled and the ones that cant are worth so much that you wouldn't ever want or need to cancel them. Its not a simple process if you were to try and do it alone it would take a long time and may not work we know the process in and out and almost any company that you find online or get a call from will accomplish the cancellation, its my belief that with some of the company's inquired about above, you pay extra for the "image" of a law firm, a fancy website, nice office, and a suit, they do the same service and will accomplish the same task. As far as questions about affect on credit We (the company i work for) sends a notice to all three credit agency's stating that you are filing it as fraud, and then we monitor your credit report through a third party, if we notice anything we take care of it immediately.

Get a guarantee.

Get it in a contract (Read the contract).

If you have questions or concerns get the answers.

Don't Pay upfront fee's for a sale, NOBODY can guarantee a sale and there is very little if any resale value, these company's are a scam.

Shop around the prices are negotiable and they all provide the same service. If you look you cant find anyone saying there timeshare did not get canceled after a contract was signed, so the company you choose doesn't really matter look for the best price.

• dwhite | | 07 Apr 2015, 06:10 PM Agree 0
    So Who do you work for and what is your companies guarantee? How can we tell if you are working for a legit company? What is your BBB rating and are you accredited by the BBB. I would like to know more info since time is passing and I just spoke with another group today regarding my timeshare.
  • dwhite | | 07 Apr 2015, 06:11 PM Agree 0
    Andrew my comment was directed toward you? Please elaborate!
  • nin77ca | | 08 Apr 2015, 03:08 PM Agree 0
    We just received a letter that I am in the credit bureau.How can I get out of a canadian time share?Georgian Manor calls a lot to invite us to there new program.When we paid 400.00 a year it was a lot but suddenly it went up to 600.00 plus fees.Is there a way out.
  • | | 08 Apr 2015, 07:05 PM Agree 0
    best of luck......
  • Ontario | | 15 Apr 2015, 08:05 AM Agree 0
    Anyone used either Redemption & Release or Timeshare Exit Team?
  • timesharefreedom | | 16 Apr 2015, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    Hello all, I'm also in the process of canceling my timeshare through Diamond. I've looked at Timeshareexitteam and feel they are pricier than others. Right now I'm looking into primarily due to their bbb rating. I am waiting to get info on their fees.
  • Kate | | 18 Apr 2015, 08:17 AM Agree 0
    Does anyone have experience in working with Potomac legal group based out od D.C.? They state they have lawyers ($2000.00-2500.00)
    retainer fee to assist with TS contract dermination.PLease answer soon-considering this firm..Thanks
  • Andy | | 19 Apr 2015, 02:44 AM Agree 0
    I have just signed up with Diamond International but after reading all the material from the presentation I would now like to cancel and am within the cooling off time period. What are my chances on getting the deposit $$ back that have gone thought on my credit card?
  • Hank M. | | 19 Apr 2015, 02:53 PM Agree 0
    I agree, never pay an upfront fee for a listing agent, re-seller, or any other way to get out of timeshare because it's most likely a scam. What you need is a firm who will make the Timeshare Companies take it back. Remember, if you sell it or give it away you can still be legally on the hook if the new owner stops paying. Getting out of a timeshare contract is a long process that takes many months. Upfront fees such as retainers and legal team fees are an unfortunate must. How can a firm take the expensive risk of you getting out of your timeshare and then when the fee is due, which is most likely 9-12 months in difficult cases and could even be longer, you can't pay or don't feel like it? What you want is a very experienced firm that has something to lose if they don't perform. If their reputation is very good, I can see how that could be used as a VERY good bargaining chip in securing performance. When things go right, hardly anybody notices or writes good reviews, but if its BAD, WATCHOUT!! You want a company that has no bad presence on the net. The lack of BAD speaks volumes towards GOOD.
  • claren M | | 19 Apr 2015, 08:20 PM Agree 0
    unfortunately, im 21, young and stupid. we got timeshare in las vegas april 10th we passed the recission period. im thinking if they will take it back if i send financial hardship letter, i need to save money to go to school :'(
  • kon | | 01 May 2015, 01:07 AM Agree 0
    All these companies that are saying they can get u out are scammed as well. They are own by the timeshare companies. What I did was stop paying them and won't answer their calls. contact the credit bureau and inform them they these companies are scammers
  • Corky | | 13 May 2015, 03:59 PM Agree 0
    Andrew I am interested in your company. Can you provide a name and do you deal with Canadians?
  • Thomas V | | 16 May 2015, 11:52 AM Agree 0
    I had a Timeshare and it was absolutely one of the stressful situations ive ever dealt with. I was about to give up because i kept trying to cancel and it just wasnt working. I was doing some searching on the internet and most places i read said get an attorney. So thats what i did and luckily I found Austin with Aaronson Law Group. One of the best decisions of my life. They handled everything and got my timeshare cancelled. No more stress at night over that crap. I DEFINITELY recommend you checkout if you need an attorney to get you out of your timeshare!!!
    Thomas V
  • Rchel | | 19 May 2015, 03:30 PM Agree 0
    Thomas V,
    Can you share that how long it takes to get it done with Aaronsonlawgroup and how much it costs?
  • Tina M. | | 20 May 2015, 04:53 PM Agree 0
    Timeshare Exit Team got us out of our timeshare contract and mortgage with Diamond Resorts in a little over 4 months. They guarantee their services and have a 100% success rate. Their were no hidden fees or surprises along the way. I recommend their services to anybody looking to legitimately get rid of their timeshare.
  • Thomas V | | 21 May 2015, 11:26 AM Agree 0
    Yes I would be happy to share more info. Aaronson Law Group cost me about $2500 to get absolutely everything take care of.(That includes the documentation, recension, and credit restoration which was very important to me.) I didnt want to take a credit hit over this junk. It took just a little over 2 months to complete. It was worth every penny to hand this matter over and let them deal with it so i didnt have to do anything. I really hope this helps!
    Check them out out
  • Kathy R | | 21 May 2015, 11:31 AM Agree 0
    Currently considering Timeshare Exit Team as well, but am very skeptical of anything timeshare related. I have a meeting with them next week. BBB shoes the 2 complaints and that's it. But it sounds like their fees are awfully high.

I wonder if just getting a private lawyer or firm to handle it is the way to go??
  • | | 27 May 2015, 11:01 PM Agree 0
    Andrew C.

What is the company you work for??
  • | | 31 May 2015, 09:05 PM Agree 0
    I heard this was a scam in my internet looking. I think there was even legal action taken against them
  • | | 02 Jun 2015, 10:51 AM Agree 0
    Hi Sheila, how did this go?
  • Sandy | | 15 Jun 2015, 11:30 AM Agree 0
    Just wondering now that a few more months have passed, can you still really say you are out of your timeshare surprises in the mail, etc. how long did it all take?
  • scammed | | 15 Jun 2015, 02:10 PM Agree 0
    Yes, don't EVER give anyone money up front. Our experience with another timeshare sales firm was their "Advertising" was simply cashing our check.
  • Sharket | | 03 Jul 2015, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    If you're wondering what you're timeshare is worth, has actual resale data on more than 1,400 timeshare resorts. It's a free consumer resource - like Zillow for homes or Kelly Blue Book for cars. Anyone considering selling or otherwise "getting rid of" a timeshare should find out what it's actually selling for - before you decide what to do with it.
  • Warren | | 07 Jul 2015, 03:24 PM Agree 0
    I see some of you guys are having similar issues with your timeshare that I was having. Most timeshares are based on scamming consumers in sneaky ways and that's what happened in my case. I was lucky and recently was told about Aaronson Law Group. I contacted them and loved what I heard so I let them take over my case. It only took a couple of months and they had taken care of my problem. It was very painless and inexpensive in my opinion. All the maintenance fees and other fees i have paid for my timeshare was way more then what i had to pay for Aaronson. So if your having serious issues and are really wanting to get rid of your timeshare, i would advise you looking into an attorney.
  • Rachel A. | | 16 Jul 2015, 03:20 PM Agree 0
    Timeshare Exit is a scam and so are the reviewers that are promoting them. They promise to rid you of an unwanted timeshare, for a fee, and you'll never hear from them again. I was scammed twice, shame on me, by two companies. Be very careful, I've had dozens of calls to buy my timeshare and they were all lies. I'm in florida, and surrounded by people trying to rob you of your life savings. I'm calling a reputable real estate lawyer.
  • NOTANIDIOT | | 22 Jul 2015, 12:02 AM Agree 0
    This thread was probably started by Timeshare Exit Team. They overcharge for the services they provide. Anybody can cancel their own timeshare without paying the $6,000 fee they are asking for!!! People are suckers
  • Miles Shawley | | 22 Jul 2015, 01:00 PM Agree 0 helped us cancel our financial obligations in 6 weeks. They were able to recover money for us as well, EXCELLENT SERVICES, Everything that they said would happen happened exactly as they said it, I still can't believe they did it. IMPRESSIVE, only because I've been trying to do this for over 10 years. contact these guys 844-215-2744

• Sgt. Broderick Longo | | 22 Jul 2015, 01:02 PM Agree 0
    Yes Me and my wife tried Timeshare exit team and we were taken for over 2,500 dollars back in 2013. NO GOOD

We finally found a company not only did they cancel but got us a full refund of our down payments and purchase price. 844-215-2744

you can email me anytime or via phone 732-600-1203
  • Somebonus | | 23 Jul 2015, 07:50 AM Agree 0
    There is a huge difference between companies that do transfers and sales and other companies that do cancellations. It's always best to handle a sale through a licensed real estate agent who receives his or her fee from the sale when it is completed. Doing a cancellation is another story altogether. Very few attorneys are going to take on a timeshare dispute without some sort of up front fee, usually up to $5000 or more in some cases. If they have to litigate, they're going to require that any funds recovered will result in them taking up to 30% of the money. Obviously, they cannot 'guarantee' a specific result. Consumer advocates and debt resolution specialists are a different animal altogether. Many of these folks will offer a payment plan to make things affordable. To be fair, some attorneys will allow payments, too. The two questions that burn in the minds of most timeshare owners approaching an advocate are: "Are you sure I'll get out of this?" and "How will this affect my credit?" Make sure they answer these questions honestly and truthfully. Make them provide proof that they have successfully helped other owners that have been in your situation. There are also books on amazon that can help the resourceful timeshare owner do a cancellation unaided.
  • Dave | | 27 Jul 2015, 12:03 PM Agree 0
    Hi Shiela,
    My 81 year old mother is stuck with 2 time shares and I am desperately trying to get her out of them. How did you make out with ReedHeim?
  • mutsey | | 30 Jul 2015, 11:07 PM Agree 0
    I just signed with reedhien associates to take care of my timeshare. They have asked me to stop making my yearly payments plus stop payment on my remaining mortgage i have with the timeshare. I am worried about doing this which might damage my credit rating. The exit team are reassuring me that won't happen. Has anyone else had to do this and did you have problems?
  • Helen Santos | | 03 Aug 2015, 11:57 AM Agree 0
    It is always best to hire someone skilled to do so, unfortunately in most cases these companies dedicated to cancel timeshares usually cheat for the second time to their customers since they are vulnerable and desperate. If you are thinking of hiring them you just have to make sure you do not have to make any payment upfront ... I found these articles that speak precisely about this, you should read them, that might help you to resolve many doubts:
  • Help | | 13 Aug 2015, 08:41 PM Agree 0
    Reed Hein & Associates NOT A LAW FIRM!!! They do not even have attorneys working your case. What they are, is in big trouble for leading a lot of people to believe they are. And just to be clear, Timeshare Exit Team, also NOT a law firm.
  • abbm | | 21 Aug 2015, 07:32 PM Agree 0
    Cut and paste the link on this article into the search engine. The same story is posted in the 1st three sites verbatim using different URLs.... hmmmmm
  • abbm | | 21 Aug 2015, 07:46 PM Agree 0
    Musty.... Please do not stop making your mortgage payments. This could report on your credit as late payments on a mortgage and that's not good. You need to read you contract yourself. Can they attach to other properties if you don't pay while it's not cancelled? Your bet they can! Until it's legally canceled you still owe payments under your contract. Ask your attorney if they can still report to the credit bureau and if they can lien or levy from now until the cancellation is final. Time shares can and do foreclose and that will show on your credit. I see time shares for sale from foreclosure at the court house all the time.
  • Mitchell Reed Sussman | | 24 Aug 2015, 07:37 PM Agree 0
    Palm Springs, CA (May 18, 2015) — Diamond Resorts International, one of the largest vacation timeshare development companies in the world, was ordered to refund a former owner more than $40,000 plus attorney’s fees after it was found that the plaintiffs in the case could never get access to resorts purportedly available and sold in their timeshare presentation.

Diamond was named defendant in a legal action filed on February 4, 2014, by the Law Offices of Mitchell Reed Sussman & Associates in the Superior Court of California, County of Riverside, entitled Ruybalid v. Diamond Resorts etc. et. al. case no. PSC 1400640. The plaintiffs in the action alleged in the complaint fraud, intentional concealment, rescission, and violation of the Vacation Ownership & Timeshare Act of 2004.

In the complaint, the plaintiffs alleged that they were invited to attend an owners meeting at the Palm Canyon Resort in Palm Springs, CA. The plaintiffs claimed to have been owners of a timeshare with Monarch Grand Vacations whose assets were purchased by Diamond Resorts in Chapter 11 bankruptcy court (Case No. 8:11-bk-11-24720), Central District of California, Santa Ana Division. At the presentation, they were allegedly up-sold to what was supposed to be a Diamond membership that would provide them access to certain company-owned resorts. When the plaintiffs found that even as members they could not travel to the destinations and resorts that were allegedly presented in the sales presentation, they sought legal assistance from attorney Mitchell Sussman, a pioneer in the field of timeshare cancellation.

The legal action was referred to binding arbitration and a hearing was held on January 21, 2015. The plaintiffs testified at the hearing that they were denied access to the Palm Canyon Resort, formerly owned by Monarch Grand Vacations because they were not Diamond members and were unable to book at the resorts that were presented in the up-sell. Diamond Resorts was represented by its in-house counsel, Benjamin La Luzerne.

The court appointed arbitrator found that the plaintiffs’ were entitled to a full refund of the $42,460 that was paid to Diamond Resorts for the upgrade and were awarded attorney fees and costs totaling $12,705.

Diamond Resorts’ request for reconsideration of the award was denied and the award became final on April 20, 2015. More information can be found at

About The Law Offices of Mitchell Reed Sussman & Associates
    The Law Offices of Mitchell Reed Sussman & Associates has been in practice for over 35 years and specializes in timeshare cancellation. It has successfully assisted in the cancellation of over 2,000 timeshares for timeshare owners throughout the United States
  • Mitchell Reed Sussman | | 24 Aug 2015, 07:42 PM Agree 0
    Do not despair there is hope. In today's current economic climate with many homeowners losing their home to foreclosure, short sale or simply "walking away" they are finding that they are burdened by their timeshare vacation rental with their ever increasing assessments.

Many unscrupulous timeshare companies are refusing to take back their timeshare and are blocking the sale or transfer of an unwanted timeshare to third parties making timeshare not an investment but a financial liability for the life of the timeshare owner.

Because the travel and tourism is one of the most important industries in the state of California account for about 100 billion dollars annually, the legislature has enacted consumer protection statutes that are designed to protect consumers from fraudulent and deceptive timeshare tactics.

More information on this subject can be found at
  • Mary | | 31 Aug 2015, 11:18 PM Agree 0
    please email me at if you were you sucessful in exiting? I'm considering them too. thx
  • margaret | | 11 Sep 2015, 11:50 PM Agree 0
    I went through a transfer company called united transfer and acquisitions, the only way out of my timeshare was to transfer it out of my name and i paid this company to take it off my hands, it was the best decision i ever made. Here is their number 1-888-503-8789 ext 229, ask for christina, she put us through to Mr.Jay, listen this was a thorn in my side, my kids didnt want it and i was scammed numerous times with resale companies, i know i had to pay transfer fees and closing costs but its finally gone:) please call them, they were a godsend
  • hatecabos | | 13 Sep 2015, 10:20 PM Agree 0
    If you want to be a wise financial investor, please do NOT ever buy a timeshare. There are so MANY great deals on travel out there, great group trips. With my timeshare, I could not go where I wanted to go. The place was booked, hours on the website reading about the different resorts. Save the monthly fee in a travel account. Go where you want!!
  • bonnie453 | | 16 Sep 2015, 01:31 AM Agree 0
    A timeshare is a property with a particular form of ownership or use rights. These properties are typically resort condominium units, in which multiple parties hold rights to use the property, and each sharer is allotted a period of time (typically one week and almost always the same time every year) in which they may use the property. Units may be on a partial ownership, lease, or "right to use" basis, in which the sharer holds no claim to ownership of the property.
  • drkenrich | | 21 Sep 2015, 09:48 PM Agree 0
    I work with a non-profit charity that accepts deed transfers to their name so the donor is free of future ownership. However, there is a cost. At the same time you are fully protected in the process. First, you must select a closing company that will handle all the paperwork AND hold your funds until closing. The closing company will collect about $1,000 to cover all their costs plus the cash donation to the charity after the deed is transferred. By law, if the transfer doesn't go through, you are refunded your full funds. Next, the charity receives nothing until the deed is out of your name and you are free. However, since the timeshare is worthless to them (they can't sell it or rent it any easier than you can) they are paid out of the closing company funds AFTER the deed is transferred. Since they are an IRS recognized charity, they give you a donation receipt for $5,000 for the timeshare no matter what you or anyone thinks it's worth(less). That's established by IRS regulation so there's no challenge to this income deduction. For details go to
  • | | 26 Sep 2015, 08:29 PM Agree 0
    How did it turn out
  • rbe2000 | | 06 Oct 2015, 07:40 PM Agree 0
    Did you use them? Looking at using this company as well.
  • Disaronno69 | | 07 Oct 2015, 09:43 AM Agree 0

I was recently contacted by a company Vanguard 5, with a website...

They quoted me $2500, but when I told him that my maintenance fees were close $600, he said he'd work with his attorneys to see if a lower rate was possible, as most of his cases were with people who have fees in the thousands and also own money to pay off the timeshare (Mine is paid off) and that mine would require less time to complete. He asked to call me back at 5 EST the next day and instead called after 8 and I missed the call. Daily he calls after 8 when I'm not available, so I haven't had a follow-up.
    I started looking for references to see if they are reputable and instead stumbled onto your site. Their website takes almost every word from your site at this link you have posted (Your site is a virtual mirror of their homepage above - and now I'm wondering to trust them.
    If they're so good...why would they not write their own Homepage, as opposed to taking it mostly from yours?

This is on their Homepage...

While it is true that a timeshare contract is a binding legal document, it is often mistakenly thought that such a contract cannot only be cancelled. In fact, most timeshare companies maintain that their contracts are not cancellable. This misconception is perpetuated by timeshare companies and user groups that are funded, maintained and controlled by the timeshare industry.

The truth of the matter is, that under the law, contracts are cancellable for a variety of reasons, including fraud and mistake.

What is true is that most timeshare companies will not willingly take back their timeshare. However, when faced with a Vanguard5 onslaught of litigation or the potential of litigation, many timeshare companies will in fact either take back their timeshare or simply agree to release the timeshare owner from any future liability in connection with the timeshare contract.

It is not unusual that most of our clients seek cancellation and termination of timeshare interests for the type of fraudulent and deceptive conduct that is frequently utilized by timeshare sales people to induce unwitting potential owners to sign on the dotted line.

Such conduct includes the following representations, typically made at the time the timeshare was sold:

•That the timeshare interest purchased would appreciate and increase resale price and value over time.

•That the timeshare interest purchased could be freely exchanged, transferred and sold.

•That the timeshare interest purchased was a financial investment.

•That the timeshare interest purchased would result in the purchaser receiving booking priority over non – purchasing vacationers wishing to stay at one or more of the properties owned and/or maintained by the defendant.

Here's your site wording...

While it is true that a timeshare contract is a binding legal document, it is often mistakenly thought that such a contract cannot only be cancelled. In fact, most timeshare companies maintain that their contracts are non – cancellable. This misconception is perpetuated by timeshare companies and user groups that are funded, maintained and controlled by the timeshare industry.

The truth of the matter is, that under the law, contracts are cancellable for a variety of reasons, including fraud and mistake

(Later in your article)

What is true is that most timeshare companies will not willingly take back their timeshare. As will be seen below, when faced with litigation or the potential of litigation, many timeshare companies will in fact either take back their timeshare or simply agree to release the timeshare owner from any future liability in connection with the timeshare contract.

(Later in your article)

Other similar actions have followed, all seeking cancellation and termination of timeshare interests for the type of fraudulent and deceptive conduct that is frequently utilized by timeshare sales people to induce unwitting potential owners to sign on the dotted line.
    Such conduct includes the following representations, typically made at the time the timeshare was sold:
    •That the timeshare interest purchased would appreciate and increase resale price and value over time.
    •That the timeshare interest purchased could be freely exchanged, transferred and sold.
    •That the timeshare interest purchased was a financial investment.
    •That the timeshare interest purchased would result in the purchaser receiving booking priority over non – purchasing vacationers wishing to stay at one or more of the properties owned and/or maintained by the defendant.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!
  • cynfoley | | 08 Oct 2015, 02:27 PM Agree 0
    I would be very interested to converse with you via email asap...had a consult today and not feeling all that great about it...
  • Laura72 | | 09 Oct 2015, 05:56 PM Agree 0
    One thing ive learned over the years is you have to always be careful with timeshares most of them are scamming people in one way or the other. They got my parents sit through their presentation while on vacation and convinced them to buy into a timeshare. Im sure it wasnst that difficult because my parents are pretty naive and are not hurting for money. To make a long story short they bought into the sales pitch. They ended up getting lied to about places they could use and ended up paying all kinds of fees. It was just a money trap for them. So I did what I could to help them with emailing, calling, and whatever i could do. I was not getting anywhere so we decided to look for lawyers that could possibly help them. After a lot of research and talking to different Law Firms we found Aaronson Law Group! They specialize in timeshare cancellation! They took care of there case in just over 2 months which included the documentation, rescission, and credit restoration which was very important to them. Of course it was not free but my parents said it was worth every penny to get rid of this nightmare! I know there are people in similar situations so if you are I recommend you check some timeshare cancellation lawyers. Just make sure you do your research. I hope this information can help someone in need!
  • | | 18 Oct 2015, 11:07 AM Agree 0
    We just got rid of a timeshare in Florida. We read a blog from one guy, amongst all the "gumpf", telling us it was impossible to do. If one is prepared to not recover any money and spend $950, it is easy. We rang the number on the back of the Owner's Card. We said we wanted a Quit Claim form to Deedback the property to Westgate. The lady was really helpful. We paid $950 on the condition she send us an email stating we would never hear from Westgate again, nor ever pay another cent to them. An hour later, we signed the Deedback in front of a Notary Public and it was all done!!!!! People will follow this, saying it is a scam, just like the blog we read, but believed. Quit Claim and Deedback are keywords to use!!!!

• Ellie G | | 20 Oct 2015, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    Does any one have any experience trying to cancel a Timeshare from Lifestyle Holiday Vacation club? I submitted my cancellation within the "cancellation period" which is 4 days after signing the contract, they want to charge me about $5,000 to do so. The Timeshare was only $15,000. Any suggestions?
  • Burned | | 21 Oct 2015, 12:04 AM Agree 0
    So, care to share what it was that you did to get out of it? I, like most everyone else on this blog is eager to know.
    I went to TimeShareExitTeam and was very skeptical. I agree in that it seems like way too much money. So,
    I am leaning towards, paying the mortgage off and send Diamond Resorts a Quit Claim to DeedBack my interest, for about the same amount of money.
    Has anyone else done this?
  • LauraY70 | | 23 Oct 2015, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    My husband and I were on vacation and attended a Westgate timeshare presentation. Everything sounded good and we had never owned a timeshare so we bought into Westgate. Big Mistake!!! The whole thing began as a nightmare. To make a long story short the whole thing was pretty much just a lie. Some places we were told we could vacation at were not available and the dates they were available were not vacationing times. The fees were constantly going up. It felt like i had no control and was just wasting money. So i started researching ways to get rid of timeshares. I looked into timeshare exit team, etc. just seemed like it would cost me more money with little to no results. I came across a story about timeshare cancellation attorneys. I did my research and came Aaronson Law Group. They told me how they plan take care of my timeshare and I loved what I heard so I hired them. In about 2 1/2 months time they had got my timeshare cancelled. It cost us about $2000, was very much worth every penny and saved me money from ongoing rising fees and the feeling of wasting money. I do think there are some good timeshares out there but Westgate is not one of them.I have heard some bad things about Diamond Resorts, Wyndham and RCI as well. BE CAREFUL!!! (Marriott and Hilton are the ones we have now and they are great)I recommend at least checking out some timeshare attorneys and see if you like what they say. Check out testimonials and do your research. There are good people out there who can help like they did with us!
  • Deep | | 24 Oct 2015, 06:14 AM Agree 0
    You may deed back the property but who is responsible for the maintenance fee?I
  • Mtatt | | 24 Oct 2015, 10:51 AM Agree 0
    I've read that their fee is based on your outstanding mortgage amount. What if your mortgage is paid for in full? Do you know what the fee is for their services then? They won't tell me unless I have a face-to-face meeting with them first, which makes me feel leery of them. Thank you.
  • tsowner | | 24 Oct 2015, 12:42 PM Agree 0
    Before deeding back a timeshare, you may want to check on its value on the resale market. has the sales history of almost every timeshare in the U.S.
  • Sheila | | 24 Oct 2015, 04:57 PM Agree 0
    I posted in mid-Feb that my husband and I had signed on with ReedHein Timeshare Exit Team - for a price of roughly 1 year of our mortgage payments (we did still owe on it, for about 5 more years). It took 7 months but we are now free of the timeshare and the associated mortgage. The timeshare company actually sent me a 'Released' Deed of Trust (ours was a Deeded timeshare) and a 'Cancelled' Promissory Note. They also filed a Derogatory comment with TransUnion, so my credit score from them took a very slight ding (really only a few points drop), but they filed nothing with Equifax or Experian so the overall impact was pretty much nothing.

While ReedHein did do as we paid them to do, I will say that their communication pretty much sucks. The first email said that we would get status updates monthly, but often I would contact them about 1.5 months had passed with no word. The minimal communication may be normal for legal firms on long-term matters, but it was still a bit annoying. In any case, the company is not a scam - they do as they claim.
  • Sheila | | 24 Oct 2015, 05:21 PM Agree 0
    We originally had 2 timeshares, one paid off and one not. We ended up only using ReedHein for the one that still had a mortgage. The fee was $8645, which was roughly 16-17 months of our mortgage payment. They wanted an additional $3500 to also take care of the paid off one, but that was 4 times the yearly maintenance fee on it. They did ask what the yearly maintenance fee was before quoting a price on that one, so I'm pretty sure their rate is somehow based on that fee. Since we actually still sometimes use the paid off one or rent it or trade it, we decided that a 4-year payback was too high. Also note that the guy comment that the $3500 was a discounted rate because we were already signing with them for the other one. Therefore my guess is that their normal fee is probably closer to 4.5 - 5 times your maintenance fee.
  • DoTrust | | 01 Nov 2015, 01:07 PM Agree 0
    seriously... like an email is legally binding?.... Your are just another scam
  • Piggy | | 16 Nov 2015, 08:41 PM Agree 0
    I've read all these postings. Sounds like TS Exit Team is expensive, but does get the job done. I've heard about Abrams; they don't do a bunch of advertising and they are a "real" law firm; not just dedicated to this stuff. My problem with Aaronson is that if you look at the blogs, they all say the same thing, or the wording is only slightly varied ... tells me that that despite the various names, it is the same writer and that makes me weary. Mitchell Reed ... we at least they have a lawsuit out there that they filed! Bottom line, yes, you can do this yourself with time and research. Personally, I would pay a lawyer $2,500 - $3,000 to get me out. At $300/hour (and that's pretty standard), it means 10 hours of billable time; probably about in line with what it would take. In addition to not having to deal with the headache, if the lawyer screws up, you can sue them for malpractice ... less here ... use an established law firm with a good reputation. Look at the attorney's Martindale Hubbell and AVVO ratings and contact the State Bar Association to check out the attorney. Also, any legitimate law firm will be more than happy to provide you with their billing against your retainer.

With TS Exit Team, remember this, they want your business ... if you like them, great, drive a hard bargain and negotiate a more reasonable rate. They won't let you walk out the door if you are "reasonable." Understand that if their rate is 1 yr. mortgage and that's $7,200, then don't low ball them $3,000. Offer $6,000 ... chances are, they'll take it. As for communication, that's on YOU ... the squeaky wheel gets the oil, call them so often that they will push your file just to shut you up.
  • lovetraveling67 | | 20 Nov 2015, 02:15 PM Agree 0
    My husband and I were on vacation and attended a Westgate timeshare presentation. Everything sounded good and we had never owned a timeshare so we bought into Westgate. Big Mistake!!! To make a long story short the whole presentation was pretty deceiving. Some places we were told we could vacation at were not available and the dates they were available were not vacationing times. The fees were constantly going up. It felt like i had no control and was just wasting money. So i started researching ways to get rid of timeshares. I looked into timeshare exit team, etc. just seemed like it would cost me more money with little to no results. I came across a story about timeshare cancellation attorneys. I did my research and came Aaronson Law Group. They told me how they plan take care of my timeshare and I loved what I heard so I hired them. In about 2 1/2 months time they had got my timeshare cancelled. It cost us about $2000, was very much worth every penny and saved me money from ongoing rising fees and the feeling of wasting money. I do think there are some good timeshares out there but Westgate is not one of them. (Marriott and Hilton are the ones we have now and they are great)I recommend at least checking out some timeshare attorneys and see if you like what they say. Check out testimonials and do your research. There are good people out there who can help like they did with us!
  • Fred K. | | 29 Nov 2015, 02:54 PM Agree 0
    They advertise here in San Diego as [time share exit team].......but there main company is in Lynnwood, WA........I'm in the process of verifying there business right now.........just getting started.
  • Tanya | | 01 Dec 2015, 07:43 AM Agree 0
    I contacted the Timeshare Exit Team (TET) and the cost for their help was VERY high. I still have a mortgage, so they said the fees would be higher. They wanted a percentage up front then for me to make payments for a year. I was fine with everything I heard, but decided to keep researching. I found US Consumer Attorneys and their fees were half of the TET's was, and they still wanted like half up front and I could make payments. There were a couple of complaints against them that were resolved so I was considering them, when I came across The Abram's Firm. Their fees are a quarter of TET's and they don't charge anything until the end. I just spoke to one of their FL attorneys last night and will be getting more information today. If they can do what TET offers, or US Consumer Attorneys offers, for a fraction of the fee, then I'm going with them! There is no "money back guarantee" because you don't pay any up front fees. And there is no "work with attorneys" because they ARE the attorneys. If anyone has used them, please weigh in! I am so nervous about committing to a company or firm, and then being taken again! Thanks!
  • Deceived | | 01 Dec 2015, 07:44 PM Agree 0
    FIRST: Reed Hein and Associates - "A consumer protection firm" is NOT a law firm. However they position themselves as though they are. That really made mad. I felt deceived. Very clever company name for just a group of people. SECOND: They also say they are going to force my resort to take back my timeshare. What if the resort says NO? Are they going to sue them? He said that never happens. I found that hard to believe, since my own attorney couldn't get me out (he spoke directly with my resort too). In some of their marketing, they say they are not a "transfer company", yet in the first paragraph of their contract it say they are going to provide "transfer services". Again, I felt deceived. The worst thing about what they wanted me to sign was their guarantee. Basically, I pay them to negotiate on my behalf (the resort, another entity or anyone) and whatever the result of their "negotiation" I agree to pay AND if I dont like the result of that "negotiaion" too bad for me! They keep my money. It just felt like I was being set up for another disappointment. He tried to sell me on the fact that I would never pay another fee again, to Reid Hein and that I was done. BUT THEN the very next sentence states I would have to continue to pay maintenance fees until the process was completed (no matter how long it takes). I would also have to pay what ever the resort charges to transfer. Their 100% guarantee was a guarantee to get another bill. While I continue to pay maintenance fees and the actual transfer fee the resort charges --- and then what ever fee they so kindly "negotiate" on my behalf. NO THANKS, there has to be a better way. I really like Dave Ramsey. That is why I met with them. BUT, there is NO WAY Dave Ramsey would sign this agreement.
  • Tanya | | 02 Dec 2015, 05:40 AM Agree 0
    I have to agree with you on all your statements, though they did not present themselves as a lawyers. They stated they have a team of lawyers that they work with, but later they stated they only use the lawyers if they have to. I asked about the "transfer" statement and they said "they will transfer it back to the timeshare". But other legal offices I spoke with state that since I have a mortgage, my timeshare is not "transferable". And that transfers are illegal. So, I felt I was getting conflicting information (why can't legit businesses just be upfront about EVERYTHING!). I kind of felt like TET exists out of a need, but that they present themselves no differently than buying a timeshare. I even told them that! Their entire spiel reminded me of the timeshare spiel. I imagine they are in cahoots with the timeshares, but I do have a vivid imagination. I also emailed Dave Ramsey and asked him specifically why he endorses them, and explained that their fees are as high as if I was buying a timeshare [retail], and asked as a financial guru, how he could support a company who claims they will get you out of your timeshare while putting you deeper in debt, and asked if he had reviewed any other timeshare divestment firms to do any comparisons. I hope he responds! My biggest worry with TET is that they would successfully "transfer" my timeshare back to the company, but later down the road there would be some default and the timeshare company would come after me. By then, TET is out of it and I'm stuck with trying to divest the timeshare, again. I know they have been doing this for a couple of years, and I have not seen any complaints that this actually happened, yet, but I just wasn't fully comfortable with them, and after being burned, I need to feel comfortable!
  • ez | | 03 Dec 2015, 01:20 AM Agree 0
    I have three timeshares. They have been a burden and a blessing. I would have never seen Hawaii, the beautiful desert, or traveled to the UK multiple times if I wasn't motivated by my annual timeshare obligatory vacations. I have three, I bought a one bedroom on the beach in '92 because my husband loved that beach. He really pushed it and he didn't ever ask for much. We bought a second timeshare the week after our week in Ormond Beach in Orlando later same year. We were doing well financially, and we got an extremely good deal on that Orlando two bedroom. I mean it was sweet - 4.5K for a gold crown property 2 bedroom. We loved the idea of taking a week in Ormond, and then a week in Orlando with the kids. We never did it, but it was a beautiful dream. We've owned that Orlando week since '92, and never stayed there. Bob died in '11. Cancer. I quit my job to stay with grandbaby. Nobody is as good as momma or grandma, and my income is more than's gone. Mom and dad left me the timeshare in Branson. The maintenance fees are reasonable, but it hurts when you have no income and living on savings and plasma donations. But I am making it. Here's the rub, the Orlando timeshare is going up 100 dollars per year since Wyndham took over. They're the greedy, money grubbing bastards that bought RCI. They're 'greeding' themselves out of business, and I can't wait. The timeshare industry was good to me and my family for 20 years, but now we're at the mercy of these corporate pigs. Maybe things will be as they used to be, and believe me, my timeshares have been good to me. But if this Wyndham, suck the blood from your neck business model continues, timeshares will go the way of the dinosaur. There is a way out, it's called misrepresentation. They all do it, and if we all used it to get out of our contracts, maybe they'd fly right.
  • pwman123 | | 05 Dec 2015, 09:56 PM Agree 0
    Could you tell us which office you used? Im in SoCal as well, thus my question.
  • Dena Levey | | 14 Dec 2015, 01:14 PM Agree 0
    I Own a Time Share in Maui Hawaii. I am no longer interested in continued ownership. I was told by the company that sold me the time share that I cannot sell it, I can only will it away. When I offered to donate it back to them, They declined.

Any advise on how to cancel ownership of this time share?

Thank you, I look forward to your response.
  • C.G. Smith | | 17 Dec 2015, 12:52 AM Agree 0
    Are "vacation plans" where you have a deed for one "free" week a year under the same umbrella as timeshares? I purchased one for $24k with the understanding it would be worth much more within 1-3 yrs, I could use it as many weeks as I wanted with a fee of only $250-350 per week after the first "free" week was used. Most of all they would want the first option to buy it back if I decided to sell it and would not pay less than the price I purchased it for. NOT TRUE!!
    Can I get any help on recouping ANY of the purchase price or getting out of the $500 yearly maintenance? I was foolish to pay cash in lieu of paying interest but it's what I did. Location: Branson, MO
  • Dave | | 28 Dec 2015, 07:30 PM Agree 0
    Wyhdem/Worldmark will buy your shares (very cheap) and let you out of the contract. It's a relatively new department. They are less than anxious to connect you to it, but it does exist so you have to be persistent in your request to talk to someone about an exit. I recently inquired and got a quote.
  • Deby Cole | | 12 Jan 2016, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    It is always best to hire someone skilled to do so, unfortunately in most cases these companies dedicated to cancel timeshares usually cheat for the second time to their customers since they are vulnerable and desperate. If you are thinking of hiring them you just have to make sure you do not have to make any payment upfront ... I found these articles that speak precisely about this, you should read them, that might help you to resolve many doubts:
  • Sam | | 12 Jan 2016, 05:04 PM Agree 0
    What number did you contact for Wyndham/Worldmark to get out of your contract. Who do we ask for? Did you owe anything on it because we still do? Thank you in advance.
  • Scammed by diamond | | 13 Jan 2016, 11:16 AM Agree 0
    Hi I am looking into using Aaronson Law per your post, were you still making payments on your timeshares? Thanks
  • | | 14 Jan 2016, 10:16 PM Agree 0
    I would have taken this information more seriously if the writer could spell and use apostrophes. If he doesn't know the difference between 'pray' and 'prey' or, for example, 'attorneys' means more than one attorney while 'attorney's' means what an attorney owns, I can't put much faith in his thinking or legal research.
  • Timeshare Exit Team Rep | | 14 Jan 2016, 11:10 PM Agree 0
    As the Marketing Director at Timeshare Exit Team, I assure you that we did not start this thread. We have began following the thread though in the case that someone has a question that we feel we may be able to give our perspective on.
  • Merri | | 27 Jan 2016, 09:03 AM Agree 0
    How did they work out for you? I am looking at using them as well
  • Wyndhamscrewedme | | 31 Jan 2016, 04:37 PM Agree 0
    Tread very carefully if you go to Timeshare Exit Team, at the 844 area code listed above. I've done some research and if you just go look at their website, you can see this is a scam within a scam. If their work is anything like their website page, you are throwing good money after bad. I've worked for lawyers for 30 years and not one one let a phrase like this (found on their website) pass: The Offices of TRN offers an opportunity to personalize your “final words” so that you’re leaving a staple and compensation for your troubles. I read that and said "WHAT?" the next ad on their page: "Whether you are a first time Timeshare buyer or are an experienced real estate investor, and you need an experienced Timeshare Advocate to guide you throughout the termination & cancellation process. " Honestly, that's not even a sentence. I am desperate to get out of a timeshare I've owned for 15 years, but not desperate enough to go to these guys.
  • wyndhamscrewedme | | 31 Jan 2016, 04:47 PM Agree 0
    Yes, I have a question. As the 'Marketing Director' have you ever looked at your website pages? There are enough partial statements and misquotes and just plain mistakes that cued me really fast that your firm is a scam.
    And following up on everything else I've read, if TET is legit, they don't require these huge up front fees and 'easy payment plans'. You should get your fees out of your recovery from the timeshares. I've worked with lots of lawyers and we never collect any money up front.
  • Timeshare Exit Team Rep | | 01 Feb 2016, 12:48 PM Agree 0
    Just to clarify,

I was unsure what 844 number you were talking about, but after doing some research it seems you are confusing our company -- Timeshare Exit Team by ReedHein & Associates -- with a competitor. None of that quoted verbiage, nor that phone number/area code can be found on our website. We encourage you to view our webpage at: and decide for yourself.

I just want to stress this point so that nobody else confuses "TRN" with our company: Timeshare Exit Team.
  • | | 03 Feb 2016, 07:16 PM Agree 0 is a scam!! They took our money with promise to sell and never did.
  • | | 03 Feb 2016, 07:51 PM Agree 0
    What's the name of your company?
  • Widget | | 04 Feb 2016, 11:35 PM Agree 0
    Thanks! This is a great resource. I suspected my resort was about a 2 (out of 10). Good to know before next week's sales discussion.
  • Widget | | 04 Feb 2016, 11:38 PM Agree 0 and are good resources. Thanks to those who offered them to this discussion.
  • | | 06 Feb 2016, 01:40 PM Agree 0
    We are meeting with an Advisor in Nashville, next week. We have been Scamed by Wynhdam! I am hoping this will work out!
  • Hart Gold | | 16 Feb 2016, 09:59 PM Agree 0

Are you financially squeezed?
    Are you in need of private or business mortgages for various purposes?
    Do you seek mortgages to carry out large projects
    Do you seek funding for various other processes?
    If you have any of the above problems, we can be of assistance to you but we want
    all interested applicants to understand that we give out our mortgages at an interest rate of 2% .

Interested Persons should contact me with this below details .

First name:
    Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
    Loan Amount Needed:

Contact Email
    Note:that all mail must be sent to:

Thanks and God Bless .
    Hart Gold
  • oldeczecho | | 19 Feb 2016, 10:55 AM Agree 0
    I have a timeshare/vacation club originally with Avalon in Mexico. Property was purchased by MIA. MIA changed the resort to all inclusive and informed members that as of 1/1/2016, all reservations must pay for the all inclusive package, will will add $966 dollars per week to my maintenance fee of $700. MY CONTRACTS STATES THAT THE ALL INCLUSIVE FEE IS OPTIONAL! MIA says they do not accept that part of the contract. We are banding together. What do we do?
  • mtemus | | 01 Mar 2016, 04:23 PM Agree 0
    I believe this is the Timeshare Exit Team. They come well recommended by Dave Ramsey. You can google search them.
  • TD | | 07 Mar 2016, 01:30 PM Agree 0
    When I was young, I went to a Timeshare presentation in Cancun. The sales person was excellent and the timeshare cost $900, but I didn't buy and ended up with free tickets to a local event. Last year (20 years after the first one) I went to another presentation in Cozumel. The salesman was going through the motions, probably knowing I was not a buyer. He got to the end and asked me to sign the contract at a price over $100,000 with 1/3 down. Even though I had no intention of buying, I still had sticker shock. I said WTF? I don't have $35k on me and I don't think I have that available on my credit card. Joking around, I said - can I wire it to you? He said 'Sure!'. I walked out with a free jeep rental - not worth it for 90 minutes of my vacation. No mas!
  • sharon | | 07 Mar 2016, 04:52 PM Agree 0
    just wondering what you have done since December. Did you go with the Abrams group or TET.
  • JOE T | | 18 Mar 2016, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    Hi Just my two cents. I have Vacation Village Mizner place in Weston Florida. I loved my timeshare. I am able to go on vacation anytime except the winter months December to March. Like most of you I was duped by things they said I could do. Like I can go any week I want. (they didn't say you need to join RCI.) it will increased in value and you can rent it. I bought in 2009 and I think my maintenance fees started around $763.00 and today at $841.00. I like to believe I got most of it using timeshare. I use my resort to go football annually the flight cost me nothing with South west card. Use my affiliated resort in Mass the Berkshires for skiing about an 1hr 50 minutes drive. Been to Europe, Italy, Paris for one month using three timeshare week. One week in Capri for an exchange of $199.00 my comments are on RCI. Vegas another affiliated resort and airfare free with SW. Now I understand most people do not have this luxury. My situation just change drastically. Lost Two kids with five Children left behind, Wife undergoing cancer treatments. I am 58 although I am current on my bills it is getting harder now that my job is not bringing the minimum I need to pay these bills. So I filed for Bankruptcy. I figure my age I am never going to own my house. And I can wipe out all my debt even the timeshare one. I figures I no longer need good credit at my age got a house and done most of what I wanted to do. Plus I still have RCI with another vacation club that I got suckered into but has no maintenance fee or deed. I can still use my resort as an extra vacation which will only cost me 100 or 150.00 more without the credit exchange or paying the yearly maintenance fee. Another thing when I use my resort they always give me a street view. You figure you bought there place they at least give you the best view preferably with a Pool view. Always felt treated like a non-buyer. Plus in the future I can always buy it back for free on the secondary market with a winter week. Mine is the first week of May. P.S. If your in my situation got everything you need minus the Tragedy and you don't need credit. And if your still paying for your timeshare mortgage. File for bankruptcy and wipe out all your stupidity and (Credit card debt.) for Questions or criticisms.
  • joe. T | | 18 Mar 2016, 12:19 PM Agree 0
    read my post dated today
  • joe .T | | 18 Mar 2016, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    Sgt. Your military figure it was bad for business to screw with you. So they let you off. Not surprised.
  • | | 18 Mar 2016, 01:02 PM Agree 0
    Lifestyle is a Vacation Club. Did you get a deeded property? I have this piece of shit Club. paid 13.000 in 2010
  • Gloria Bridgewater | | 25 Mar 2016, 03:26 PM Agree 0
    Hi, saw your message about your timeshare. I am selling mine - it is Bluegreen - office in Vegas - but it includes vacations in Aruba, Las Vegas, Williamsburg, and more.
    It is fully-paid $24,500 but I will sell it at a bargain. The annual maintenance fee is $1,300 every November. If you are interested please email at:
  • | | 02 Apr 2016, 07:10 PM Agree 0
    I'm now starting my 11th month of waiting for ReedHein's Timeshare Exit Team to get any results. When I agreed to listen to them I was told by 'Tyler' that the process would take 3 to 6 months. After I paid my money I was told the contract states it may take 3 to 9 months. When I questioned ReedHein on any progress the estimated time went to 1 year and possibly longer. In the past 11 months I have rarely heard from ReedHein's rep and normally only hear after I contact him. All I hear is excuse after excuse. From what I can figure out is the lawyer they work with has his own clients and works on the timeshare exits when he feels like it. Here's a direct quote from one of my emails from ReedHein when I requested more detail on what discussions were taking place and when this process would end after a month later I received this information..'our attorney can be hard to get ahold of sometimes due to the large client volume he works on for our company, on top of his own separate clients, court appearances, etc. He is a busy man and I continue to reach out to his office for updates. This is simply an unfortunate situation where he has yet to get back to me on your specific situation yet.'
    So now I have received a letter from the TimeShare's attorney threatening me and adding additional costs, and collection agencies are starting to call as well - of course ReedHein says not to worry because...'As for fees going up or threats to send you to collections, that is also not uncommon. If you aren't paying your bills to the resort, it is likely that they will try to come after you for that money. They have the right to attempt to collect on that and, unfortunately, they sometimes do. That being said, the attorney always brings those fees into negotiations and clients are rarely responsible for those payments at the end of the exit. More often than not, they go away forever. If the debt goes to collections or if any marks are made against your credit, we extend credit repair services to you at zero additional cost. We know it is serious to allow a credit hit by failure to pay timeshare bills, so we extend this service to all clients who experience credit damage.'
    End result - I'm having serious doubts that ReedHein is legit.
  • Timeshare Exit Team Rep | | 04 Apr 2016, 01:58 PM Agree 0
    The contract that you would have signed does state that the average time to exit is 3-9 months but that it does take longer in specific instances. We would like to be able to communicate further with you to resolve this issue for you.

Please reach out to us at so we can verify that the information you've provided is accurate and so that we can properly address this.
  • sas | | 05 Apr 2016, 11:28 AM Agree 0
    How do you cancel a timeshare?
  • Mike | | 08 Apr 2016, 06:45 PM Agree 0
    I've asked the moderator to remove my comment on 4/2/16. I spoke with Trevor Hein and am assured that this is a very legitimate company with good success in helping you to exit the timeshare permanently. Although my process is not fully completed I will return when the process is complete and further testify to their expertise.
  • Ericka Watson | | 12 Apr 2016, 04:53 AM Agree 0
    Was your timeshare paid off
  • | | 13 Apr 2016, 03:00 AM Agree 0
    DRI now accepting deedbacks
    The financial dept apparently Voluntary Surrender Program:

In order to qualify, the HOA (MFs) must be up-to-date and the owner must have a zero balance on the mortgage.

To start this process, the owner must send an email to: with the subject line stating: Inventory Takeback.

In the email itself the owner must include:
    -Resort Name
    -Owner(s) Name(s)
    -Account Number
    -Inventory owned (ie. weeks, points, etc)
    -any other important information regarding the deed

within 7-10 business days, the Diamond Resorts will send an action required correspondence, where the owner will have 15 days to return.

Note: the owner is responsible for any fees associated with the paper work, such as notary, postage etc.
  • Timeshare gone | | 13 Apr 2016, 03:16 AM Agree 0
    Diamond charge 250 dollars for the paper work quit deed
    See site TUG BBS DRI now accepting deedbacks
    We did this in December the quit deed received in March notariced and sent back to diamond las Vegas
    Our timeshare was one week three bed lock off in Orlando owned for 15 years
  • Raymond | | 16 Apr 2016, 02:10 PM Agree 0
    Thank you for the nicely written informative post on time shares. You are a mensch!
  • Mark Miles | | 22 Apr 2016, 02:08 PM Agree 0
    I've spent a lot of money and i was scammed by other companies trying to cancel my timeshare. My advice is that if you're going to hire a company to help you with the problem, DO NOT PAY ANYTHING UPFRONT, because it use to be a fraud. I did a research on internet and i found some interesting articles, i recommend you to read this one:
  • B | | 22 Apr 2016, 05:07 PM Agree 0
    Really? SCAM
  • JT | | 25 Apr 2016, 08:38 PM Agree 0
    The Timeshare Exit Team is promoted by Dave Ramsey who would have a lot to lose if he were found to be supporting a bad organization that ultimately was a scam.
  • RussM | | 07 May 2016, 03:40 PM Agree 0
    I thought the same thing, but then I considered the fact that if they got people out of their contract without collecting a fee upfront, what guarantee do they have that they'll get paid after the work is done. I guess they have a right to protect themselves too.
  • Jaja | | 18 May 2016, 09:31 PM Agree 0
    My boyfriend had one with his ex and they had stop paying and hesee been trying to fix his credit the option they gave him was to transfer it to his name now he is stuck with a 10,000 timeshare or more that he is paying. The place is not even up kept well and it's not worth it. I been asking them how to get out of it they said you have to pay it off then u can sell it. How can we get rid of it without messing up the credit please help its too hard no aways to just give away money when you are struggling to pay bills.

They make everything seem so easy and simple to get u to purchase then it all goes down the drain from there. It's in the Poconos

Please help
  • dbesh2 | | 27 May 2016, 05:04 PM Agree 0
    Some think they can get out a timeshare scott-free. Of course, that is ridiculous. At the same time, paying a fee of $7000 to have a firm do the work for you (assuming you are well past the 'new-owner cancellation period' is not bad. I am sure many are paying that much on a timeshare for a set number of years. So if you end up with 7 grand to pay and no more timeshare I am sure most could grin and bear that knowing the time share is dead as are all the hassles including annual mortgage payments and maintenance fees, for life.
    I don't doubt many firms today do a require some money up front. But along with that it any money you send them should only be handled by credit card so you do have some recourse if you think they are failing to perform.
    Not quite the same as being promised they can sell your timeshare and requesting an instant payment by Western Union or money order.
    Just make sure the 'redemption and release firm' is on the up and up. Check BBB rating and do all the due diligence necessary to ensure you have some protection. The agreements they send you should be personalized, with a unique contract number. You should be given a minimum of 3 days to review the paperwork from when you received it, and a no hassle cancellation option.
    There should also be a written 100% refundable clause, if they find they can not redeem or cancel your ownership.

• Steve C. | | 01 Jun 2016, 09:00 PM Agree 0
    You are lying. I just got off the phone with TsET and the "significant discount" was about $300 off of the $6399 fee they will charge us to get out of our time share with Wyndham. I suspect you are a TsET rep.
  • Debbie | | 02 Jun 2016, 07:18 AM Agree 0
    Oh this is all so discouraging ! My son and I have a California /Hawai'i deal with Shell. Went fine for many years, paid off. Nice trips to Hawaii, Europe. Now the party's over. Started as Shell, then as RCI. Been sold to Wyndham/interval. Yearly maintenance is $2K. Fees for everything. Crappy properties. We want out! My sons a realtor, my sis an attorney. Can we do it ourselves? Really don't want to take a credit ding, but come 2017, I am OUT. Any help/ advice/ good news, drop a note please! Thanks! And no, I never front money to anyone, for anything! Nope! Aloha
  • Diana | | 12 Jun 2016, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    I have a timeshare with silverleaf, I can't continue to pay anymore because it's getting harder for me, I want out! I still owe mortgage on it, i have tried contacting websites and have been told I need to pay certain amount to put it out in the market to sell, I called silverleaf and they said only way out is to sell it on my own or transfer, I'm tired of paying for this timeshare that I don't use! How can I get rid of it, I'm going through a hard time financially I will have to hurt my credit and stop paying for this.
  • JG | | 13 Jun 2016, 01:28 PM Agree 0
    Sheila -- I read your post about getting out of your timeshare commitment. I'd like to speak with you to see how the process went and whether or not you are satisfied with the company you used. Please call me when you get a chance: Jeri 512-865-7399
  • Eric Z | | 16 Jun 2016, 05:49 PM Agree 0
    Hello, there are waaaay to many posts to sort through and legitimize.

Can someone simply provide me with an honest company to help my wife and I get out of our Welk Resorts time share contract?
  • Mike M | | 17 Jun 2016, 05:48 PM Agree 0
    I was just about to pull the trigger with Reed & Hein (Timeshare Exit Team) when I got a call from the business office at Worldmark by Wyndham where I had left a message a few days prior. I explained that I was checking in on my Mother's account (I have POA) which is over 1 year in arrears for both maintenance fees and mortgage payments. She had been sold an "Upgrade" to her account which she was contesting because she was just looking to book a trip abroad and was led to believe that what she was buying was extra points for this trip. The woman I spoke with said that they were in the process of terminating my mothers contract. When I inquired about whether this was a foreclosure which Reed & Hein explained would mean her estate and eventually her heirs would be responsible for. The woman informed me that this was not a deeded property and as such could not be foreclosed. I pressed on asking about any future ramifications to my mother, her estate, and to her heirs (me and sibs!) and she said that once terminated there would be no future actions, outside of negative marks on her credit report. This is not what Reed & Hein explained, saying that because it was "in perpetuity" it meant forever and ever for not only my Mom, but her kids, my kids, and on and on.

Their explanation about the roughly $9000 cost to get her out of the contract makes sense when compared with what we would pay over even a short period of years, but given that Wyndham on their own has stated they are terminating the contract, with no future ramifications, makes me wonder if Reid & Hein is just not one more opportunistic company profiting off of those who have been burned by the shady timeshare industry. I wanted to believe in them, but now I am not so sure. So as many have already stated... don't pay upfront for a company to get you out of your timeshare... if there service really was on the up and up then they should be willing to get paid AFTER they provide the service.
  • Sdf | | 18 Jun 2016, 12:32 PM Agree 0
    How was your experience? We are also thinking about using Reidheim and assoc. and are concerned about our future credit. Did you have any success?
  • | | 23 Jun 2016, 11:57 AM Agree 0
    Timeshare Exit Time
  • Old blue | | 23 Jun 2016, 07:11 PM Agree 0
    Did you folks ever go with Reid-Hein?

I ask because I would definitely tell you DON'T DO IT!

We have been in limbo with them for well over a year.

$15, ooo Dollars later, and nothing done!

Let us know your experience please. Thank you.
  • | | 24 Jun 2016, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    ReedHein & Associates is a great company! It's worth a free consultation at least.
  • Timeshare Exit Team Rep | | 28 Jun 2016, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    Mike M and "Old Blue",

If you have questions or concerns about our process, or your current exit status, please reach out to us at
    We can help answer any questions or concerns you may have. "Old Blue", please keep in mind that successful exits can take over 12 months.

• Efra | | 01 Jul 2016, 11:33 PM Agree 0
    My sister bought a timeshare, well she only paid more than a thousand dollars, and signed a contract in English which she does not speak. Now she does not want to continue paying. She wants to cancel the contract no matter if they keep all the money she has paid. Does she need to do something or the contract cancels due to "purcharser´s default" stated in the contract?
  • Wens | | 06 Jul 2016, 04:40 PM Agree 0
    How did it go with mexican timeshare solution? Planning on signing up with them.
  • Darrell H | | 11 Jul 2016, 04:06 PM Agree 0
    HP Consultants. Accredited A rating with BBB for 6 years. 1-760-270-9348.
  • | | 12 Jul 2016, 08:31 AM Agree 0
    Contacted loss mitigation with DRI in April. Papers mailed to me in late June. Paid 250.00 fee and mailed them back to title co. Keeping fingers crossed
  • larryg_110 | | 12 Jul 2016, 04:49 PM Agree 0
    We offer financial instrument lease and sale at a reasonable price with affordable procedure and condition. Our bank instrument lender offer Fresh Cut and Seasoned bank instrument such BG, SBLC, MTN and Confirmable Bank Draft (CBD), which can be engage into PPP Trading, Outright Discounting, signatory project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, construction of Dams, Bridges, Real Estate and all kind of projects.

With our bank instrument you can establish line of credit with your bank or secure mortgage for your projects in which our bank instrument will serve a collateral in your bank to fund your project.

We deliver with time and precision as sethforth in the agreement. Our terms and Conditions are reasonable. Below procedure its for BG/SBLC and MTN lease, other bank instrument procedure will be provided on request.

1. Instrument: Bank Guarantee {BG/SBLC}
    2. Total Face Value: Eur 10M{Minimum} to Eur 10B{Maximum}
    3. Issuing Bank: HSBC Bank Plc and Barclays Bank Plc {London, U.K}
    4. Age: One Year and One Month
    5. Leasing Price: 5% 2% =7%
    6. Delivery: MT-760 {Bank-To-Bank Swift}
    7. Payment: MT103/23
    8. Hard Copy: Bonded Courier Service {within three banking days}

You can contact us through our

Mr. Larry George
  • MS. C | | 14 Jul 2016, 10:29 PM Agree 0
    Hey Claren M

I'm in same predicament. Did they cancel?
  • Ms.C | | 14 Jul 2016, 10:31 PM Agree 0
    How has that worked for you? I am thinking about doing the same thing.
  • Robert W | | 19 Jul 2016, 04:18 PM Agree 0
    I signed a contract with Reedhein and Associates last October. They charged a about a third of what I still owed on the purchase of the timeshare, which in my case was a lot, and advised me to stop paying the resort. That is all very well, but because the process takes at least a year, my credit report has taken a huge hit. I receive reassuring emails every month but no deal yet. I hope that looking back at it when it is all done, it was worth it.
  • Timeshare Exit Team Rep | | 22 Jul 2016, 02:45 PM Agree 0
    Hi Robert,

Thank you for your patience. Please keep in mind that 12 months is still within the average timeframe for the exit process. If you would like, please feel free to message us at and we can ensure that you are getting the proper communication from your Account Coordinator.

Thank you
  • Jim | | 25 Jul 2016, 10:43 PM Agree 0
    With all I've read here it seems you can get out of a timeshare but all seem ify. I wanted out of our timeshare in 21 days but they said in my state 7 days was the last day to cancel. I though we had 30 days and the 7 is in the contract but it wasn't mentioned. So I'm taking a chance more money we don't have with a company called H4TSO. Has anyone dealt with them
  • Paula L Clark | | 29 Jul 2016, 01:13 PM Agree 0
    I've been reluctant to purchase the blank ATM card online because i know for a fact there fake hackers" out there, but i was convinced that it really works when my friend at my place of work got the card & we confirmed it really works, without delay i gave it a go. Every time I've withdrawn cash from my blank ATM card & the money has been in my own account in less than 24 hrs. So glad i gave it a try at last and has changed my life real good thus its illegal!! If you don't believe me then Email:
  • Jack | | 06 Aug 2016, 11:35 AM Agree 0
    Did you finally resolve your timeshare problem .
  • Danie K | | 08 Aug 2016, 06:07 PM Agree 0
    I'm highly considering going thru this law firm. Online they advertise no upfront fee. Is that true?
  • | | 14 Aug 2016, 02:31 PM Agree 0
    How much does it cost?
  • Phoenix | | 19 Aug 2016, 08:53 PM Agree 0
    Nice deflection TET Rep.

You have dozens of people on this thread directly asking why you charge so much up front and can't get paid after the work is done like a normal business. Until an answer to this question is provided clearly, I agree, it looks real shady.

Timeshares - Never owned one, NEVER will!
  • Deb | | 22 Aug 2016, 01:01 PM Agree 0
    Did they get you out? and what percentage of your original investment did it cost you?
  • | | 24 Aug 2016, 07:41 PM Agree 0
    I just saw them on a site that showed scams in selling timeshares they were rated by the BBB with a D scammers
  • Alexander Grant | | 01 Sep 2016, 01:23 AM Agree 0
    Hello Every One!!!

Do you need a mortgage here is an opportunity for those in financial problem and those who want financial uplift in their life, we give out mortgage at a very reasonable interest rate of 5%, we give out all kind of mortgage to help the nation from financial stress. We give out mortgage to all county but we are based in USA and we will appreciate if you contact us and also share our email to friends and family who need a mortgage.

Many are suffering and needs help to improve their life status, many are jobless and need financial help to start a business, many needs financial help to clear their bills and debt. Here is a wise decision for you now. Our mortgage offer is unsecured mortgage which means there is no collateral involved.

As a mortgage seeker you are eligible to apply for mortgage.

Lender Name: Mr. Alexander Grant

Contact us via E-mail:

Mr. Alexander Grant
  • Jamie Richy's Loan Firm | | 03 Sep 2016, 01:03 PM Agree 0
    We are fully registered certified mortgage firm, we offer, secured and unsecured mortgages to individuals and companies at a very low interest rate of 3%.Our company offer long and short term mortgage, there has been a lot of progress in the provision of first class financial services to our customers, especially in the area of mortgage syndication and capital provision for individuals and businesses, If anybody is interested kindly Contact us
  • faty | | 07 Sep 2016, 11:04 PM Agree 0

Do you need a mortgage, We give out mortgages ranging from $1,000 to $100,000,000. Our mortgages are well insured and with maximum security at an interest rate of 3%, we grant mortgages to individuals and organizations with intentions of house renovation , debt consolidation, refinancing and also establishment of business ventures. contact us via email or kindly visit our website on

We are international mortgage firm that has offered Loans to various individuals and firms in Europe, Asia, Africa and other parts of the world. We give out Loan in USD ($) and GBP (£) and any currency of your choice.
    contact address or kindly visit our website on

Available Loans we offer are,
    * Personal Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    * Business Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    * Mortgage Loans
    * Combination Loan
    * Student Loan
    * Consolidation Loan and Many More:

Contact address:
    Contact website:
    Thank you
  • Michele D Waters Hooks | | 14 Sep 2016, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    Hello Everybody am so happy giving out my great testimony on how i got my desire mortgage amount from Loan Sharking Investment , I want to quickly use this opportunity to let the whole world know of this, Am Mrs Michele D Waters Hooks from Sheffield, Alabama USA, I was in search of a mortgage to start up my own business in support of my husband regarding the kids expenses so i went online searching for mortgage when i came across some lenders that cheat and scammed away my little money at that process of time i got confused i don’t even know what to do anymore because the little money i was having with me was taken away by those fraudulent bastards that call themselves real mortgage lenders, So on one faithful day as i was browsing through the internet searching for job i came across some testimonies commented on the forum by one Mr Charlie Gilberto, and Mrs Monica Luis on how they receive their mortgage from Loan Sharking Investment Email: So i said to myself that i must give this a trial because i was so scared regarding what the others lenders did to me, so i went ahead took his personal E-mail address that was in those comments on the forum so i contacted him informing him that i was refereed to him by some customers that received their mortgage from his company, Mr Charlie Gilberto, and Mrs Monica Luis, So when he heard that he was very happy about that, So he assured me that am in the right company where i can receive my desire mortgage amount, They gave me the borrower mortgage application form to fill and return,I did all that, given them all my necessary information’s about me,So i was given the terms and condition of their company everything went smoothly without any delay, in not less than 48hours i was informed that my mortgage valid sum of $63,000 USD has been registered and approved by their lending board of trustee, So at that process of time i was so happy when they told me i should send them my banking details, But i was little skeptical of doing that so i said i have trust and believe for this lender call Mr Hubert Pawel, i gave them by bank account so surprisingly i received an alert from my bank that my account has been credited with the sum of $63,000 USD by Mr Hubert Pawel, wow..i almost fainted, So i urgently email him that i have receive my mortgage successfully, So my dear brothers and sisters out there still looking for genuine mortgage company i will advice you to kindly contact Mr Hubert Pawel with this same E-mail: and i know he will also help you with your desire mortgage amount okay, Email them today and you will be glad just as i’m happy today.
  • MO | | 14 Sep 2016, 09:05 PM Agree 0
  • Donna | | 15 Sep 2016, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    I am glad you posted this! I am actually calling them Monday because My Husband and I need out! Can you give any feedback on how long yours took and whether i was paid off or you owned it outright? We still owe, and I am hoping this is a super simple process. They are very professional on the phone and my husband and I were both impressed with the Aaronson Firm. Our resort sold to Diamond this past year and it has been a nightmare. We have a prime week in Virginia Beach. So hoping it goes smoothly.
  • Alexander Grant | | 16 Sep 2016, 09:25 AM Agree 0
    Hello Every one,

My name is Mrs Waiter Morison I live in UK London Liverpool and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that can rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for mortgage to the lender all thanks go to Mr Alexander Grant he gave me happiness to me and my family, I was in need of a mortgage of 300,000.00 euro to start my
    life all over, as i am a single mother with 2kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man mortgage lender that help me with a mortgage of300,000.00 euro, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of mortgage and you will pay back the mortgage please contact him via email... (

Mrs Waiter Morison
  • Luisin | | 18 Sep 2016, 11:38 PM Agree 0
    What was the name of the resort you bought a timeshare from in Nuevo Vallarta? I bought one about 4 or 5 years ago and asked to cancel it 4 months into the contract due to health reasons, but they denied and now its in collections with a $44K balance.
  • Donna Lucas | | 21 Sep 2016, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    Did you ever get this resolved?
  • 2infintiy2 | | 22 Sep 2016, 02:27 AM Agree 0
    Four months ago I was at the Wyndham in Flagstaff Az. the concierge asked me if I wanted to upgrade, no. Then he offered me a Hugh discount on a trip I was going to take. So I said ok, however from that moment on it all went downhill. I attended the meeting and it looked pretty good. They said they would pay my membership to RCI, that my points were going to be moved from RCI to Wyndham and I would never have to pay a booking fee again. Wow, sounded pretty good to me. However it was all a LIE> They never moved any points from RCI to Wyndham because I have points and not weeks, so I did not qualify for the program they signed me up for. I then learned they were putting all the payments on to my Wyndham Visa when I was clear to not do. They opened up an RCI account which I did not know anything about. When the bill for the RCI membership came they refused to pay it. I was told they do not do this. I had said (not in writing) that I wanted out of this contract because nothing that was explained to me was true. When I told them I would pay the RCI account but I wanted to be reimbursed they said they were going to send this to their investigation team. I was asked to put everything in writing which I did and I did say that nothing that was explained to me was the way it was in reality which is fraud and that those guys in Flagstaff should be fired. Sounded like a Wells Fargo fiasco. I had no idea that they opened another RCI account when I questioned RCI I was told they had no knowledge of Wyndham and no points had been moved. Also the trip I was offered at a discount, what a joke they were refusing to honor the contract that the concierge offered me. When I told them I would go to Flagstaff and file in court they sent me a visa card for $100 to cover the additional cost of the trip. What a joke. I want out of this contract and I am looking for a way to do so. I think from some of the comments here I will not pay on this account anymore. Let them take to collections, I really don't care. will come back and update. I have a call into an attorney to file bankruptcy on this account only. Wont know more until tomorrow. I also wish people who have been successful would post how they got out.
  • EveB | | 25 Sep 2016, 04:20 AM Agree 0
    So while you were working with Timeshare Exit Team, did you stop paying the mortgage while TET was working on your exit? I just signed up with TET, but still feel unclear about how to pay or not pay anything while we wait for them to get us out. Our first payments for both the credit card down payment, and the monthly mortgage is coming up soon. TET said to count on being stuck paying the CC timeshare down payment, but told us that most people DO NOT pay the monthly mortgage while waiting on the exit. So we don't plan to pay the monthly mortgage at all, but since we are supposedly stuck with the CC down payment, I was only going to pay the minimum till the exit is done, then pay off the down and close the CC. Im worried about my credit though.

You said you still owed on the one they got you out of, did you also still owe any down payment, or did you only owe on the mortgage? Did you stop paying your mortgage while TET was working on your exit?
  • Robert W | | 28 Sep 2016, 01:00 PM Agree 0
    I stopped paying the mortgage as recommended by TET and the result of course is a bad mark on my credit report. It has now been a year and there an offer from Welk Resorts for me to get out. It will cost me an extra 1000 dollars on top of what I had already paid Reedhein, but it is still worth it to me. Reedhein offers help to fix the credit report and I am waiting to see what that will lead to. I will be so happy when this all over. It is safe to say that TET will get you out, but it is for you to decide if it is worth the high fee they ask for their services.
  • cocowolf | | 28 Sep 2016, 07:29 PM Agree 0
    Hi, My name is coco lauren wolf from the united states and i want to share my experience with everyone. I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts and due to the fact that i lost alot of money to online scam. Until one day i discovered an hacker called mason hardman. he is really good at what he I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Existed, He told me yes and that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to his terms and conditions. Hoping and praying it was not a scam. four days later i received my card and tried it with the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $3000USD. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life. So far i have being able to withdraw up to $28000USD without any stress of being caught and the wonderful part is that the credit limit is over a 100,000USD. i also wanted to confirm if i could use it anywhere in the world so i traveled to 6 different countries and it worked perfectly well. I don't know why i am posting this here, i just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. blank Atm has really changed my life and it can change yours too. It is 100% safe to use this card. Because it will be shipped to you as a gift card.
    He can also reload any Active and valid cards, any type of card just contact him for a reload (prepaid cards, credit/debit cards).

CONTACT NUMBER: 2348158827165
  • sharleen | | 01 Oct 2016, 10:10 PM Agree 0
    How everything go? Do you cancel it?
  • madam rose | | 05 Oct 2016, 03:36 PM Agree 0
    It is Dr.EBHOSE you can email him if you need help in your relationship
    I promise that your problems are solved immediately. After being in
    relationship with him for seven years, he left me, I did everything
    Can I bring him back again, but all in vain. Wanted to
    for the love I feel for him, he pleaded, but he refused to
    explained my problem with someone online and she suggested I should
    rather mail a spellcaster who could help me a spell to bring him
    back, but I'm the guy who never believed in spells, he had no choice but to
    Try it, sent the caster, said no problem
    everything will be fine in three days, my ex back to me
    within three days, the spell was cast and, surprisingly, on the second day,
    which was around 4:00 pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, he replied
    call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened,
    I wanted to get back to me, which I love so much. I was so happy and
    Surprised. Since then, I have made a promise that all who know the will
    They never have a relationship problem, which I will refer to the spell
    pitcher to help. Anyone may need the help of the casting machine, its
    He also made many spell-like,

(1) you want your ex back.
    (2) You always have nightmares.
    (3) To be promoted in his office
    (4) Do you want a child.
    (5) Do you want to be rich.
    (6) want to keep your husband / wife to be only yours forever.
    (7) the need for financial assistance.
    8) Do you want to be in control of that marriage
    9) Do you want to be attracted to people
    10) childlessness
    13) How To Win Your LOTTERY
    18) cure for any disease / H.I.V.
    Contact him today at:
    or you WhatsApp in 2348032230074
  • Mr john oneil | | 06 Oct 2016, 03:19 PM Agree 0
    We offer a wide range of financial services which includes: Business Planning, Commercial and Development Finance, Properties and Mortgages, Debt Consolidation Loans, Business Loans, Private mortgages,car mortgages, hotel mortgages, student mortgages, personal mortgages Home Refinancing Loans with low interest rate at 3% per annul for individuals, companies and corporate bodies. Get the best for your family and own your dream home as well with our General Loan scheme. Interested applicants should Contact us via email:
  • jerry tony | | 11 Oct 2016, 02:52 AM Agree 0
    OMG!!! I never believe blank ATM card do exist until when i finally came across Mr lion Forster. My blank ATM card can withdraw €4,000 daily. I got it from Him last week Wednesday and now I have €14,000 for free. The card withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for bossiness and enough money for me and my 4 kids. I am really happy i meet this perfect ATM hacker because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Mr lion sent the card through DHL and i got it in two days. Get one from him now. he is giving it out to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. The card works in all countries except Malaga, Mali and Nigeria. lion foster email address
  • HappyTruth | | 20 Oct 2016, 03:22 PM Agree 0
    The United States timeshare industry needs to adopt what countries in Europe are doing when it comes to floating timeshare weeks. They are now "Illegal". They aren't considered real estate because they don't have an exact location. Resorts in Spain have been forced to let tens of thousands of owners out of their contracts IN ADDITION to paying them damages up to twice what they paid for their units PLUS twice what they'd paid in fees.

Furthermore, most states have unconscionable contract laws which protects against being stuck in an unfair lopsided contract where one side has all the power and control. Timeshare contracts are certainly good examples. Floating weeks are the first to lose their value not only for reselling but even for trading.

I paid thousands for a foreclosure unit and hundreds every year for over 15 years in fees for a week that isn't even worth $15 on the resale market. Talk about an unconscionable contract!
  • Mr. Adrian | | 22 Oct 2016, 06:07 PM Agree 0
    We are a professional carding team with a large ring around the globe. With over 2 million ATM infected with our malware and skimmers, we can grab bank card data which include the track 1 and track 2 with the card pin. We in turn clone this cards using the grabbed data into real ATM cards which can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe at stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $3000 on ATM and up to $50,000 spending limit on in stores.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS :
    $10,000: $500
    $20,000: $1000
    $35,000: $1700

$50,000: $2500

$100,000: $4000

The prices include the shipping fees and charges, order now: Contact us:
Post a reply