Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Tea Party head demands fiscal responsibility, dodges mortgage payments

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 21 Oct 2013, 06:00 AM Agree 0
When he’s not talking about fiscal responsibility, the head of the Oregon Tea Party is apparently dodging his mortgage payments. What’s more, he’s been doing so for years
  • John | | 21 Oct 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
    I will bet he is also on a lifetime income like s.s. or VA lifetime benefits. My observation has been that most of the "Tea Party Folks" love to rail about "responsibility" but most appear to have lifetime incomes and feel insulated from the economic chaos they seek.
  • Tim K | | 21 Oct 2013, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    Really? Unless you are planning on outing all the shysters in congress who cares?
  • Griff | | 21 Oct 2013, 10:18 AM Agree 0
    I don't know this individual, but experience tells me this is typical of the tea party individuals. I know many who claim to be tea party thinkers, who want the gov't to cut social security, just not theirs. Cut food stamps because they don't use them. Cut the handouts, yet they line up for the checks for NOT raising crops when they have never raised a crop and grant money for schooling when they can easily afford it. If the gov't is giving it and they can get it then is is all good. But if others are getting it, particularly those in a lower income brackets, then the gov't is spending too much.
  • Dame McKnight | | 21 Oct 2013, 11:58 AM Agree 0
    No wonder he just 'wants to be left alone'.
  • Dame McKnight | | 21 Oct 2013, 03:47 PM Agree 0
    You're right Griff. Well thanks. I'm surprised a mortgage professional can speak so clearly...glad to see your response.
  • Michael H | | 22 Oct 2013, 12:38 PM Agree 0
    At least the mortgage company has contract options, would have should have file for foreclosure 30 months ago. We should feel sorry for him , after all he was defeated for political office and besides he MAY not be delinquent on the other 2 properties that are not his personal residence. Is OR. a Non-Judicial foreclosure state ?
Post a reply