Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

SIGTARP proposal would force big bank CEOs to be accountable for fraud

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 26 Oct 2016, 03:10 PM Agree 0
A new proposal would force big bank execs to be accountable for shady conduct by their institutions, eliminating the excuse that they didn’t know about crime or fraud within the company
  • | | 26 Oct 2016, 04:05 PM Agree 0
    How about if we force Politicians and Government Officials and government employees at all levels to do the same?
  • NoSpin JustFacts | | 26 Oct 2016, 05:39 PM Agree 0
    Amen Mortgage Professional America, let's start with the Executive Branch, Legislative Branch and Judicial Branch to create accountability when the fraud of projected budgets are perpetrated upon the citizens, fraud of providing taxpayer money to programs that do not achieve the projected outcome, to fraud of courts creating judicial decisions that are found to be incorrect, the fraud of agencies that send out drugs that in fact cause harm to people, just as a starting point.

Let's have accountability from the bureaucrats that create the regulations that control our lives. I will not be holding my breath as the U.S. continues its slide into the incompetency and corruption of Big Government
  • observer | | 26 Oct 2016, 06:21 PM Agree 0
    That's good. Everyone should be accountable. So why not set an example for what we expect from the government by cleaning up our own house and practices and being more accountable to the American people?
  • KAS | | 26 Oct 2016, 07:33 PM Agree 0
    Well Accountability---we are all to be accountable for what we are responsible for and for what we "see" as wrong and do not report.

However, I do not want to accountable for what I truly do not know. Am I my brother's keeper....to a point when it falls within my job description. BUT deceit, deception, sneaky....on the part of others....NO I would not accept such accountability as a part of my job description.

I strongly believe however, that, the bank auditors should be examined to make sure that they know how to audit, AND what they are auditing for...
    Reports are nothing if you do not know how to read the report. And reports are only as good as the numbers that go into it!
    So lets get the best overseers to audit the branches and the accounts, mortgages, open lines, etc.

Give the CEO the information he/she needs to truly know what is going on! Believe me, the deceit/fraud should have been caught by the branch manager (if he is not crooked), or the division VP, or the Regional President, or the auditors, way before it gets to the CEO. So just how is it that the CEO's responsibility...place the blame where it belongs....started in the lower ranks with the perpetrator!!!!

Place the accountability where it belongs.

AND YES WHERE IS THE GOVENMENTS ACCOUNTABILITY TO US THE PEOPLE!!!---- WOULD BE NICE TO SET AN EXAMPLE FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ----CLEAN UP YOUR HOUSE-----EXAMBLE, HILARY ALWAYS PLACES THE BLAME ON OTHERS... OR THINGS AND PEOPLE JUST DISAPPEAR.... WHEN SHE DOES PUSH THAT BOTTON SHE WILL EXCLAIM ---I DIDN'T PUSH IT.....HE DID!!!!

• Joe Wehage | | 27 Oct 2016, 01:19 PM Agree 0
    Ditto!
    Chris Cristy would be in trouble. Hillary would be in trouble. Obama would be in trouble along with countless other politicians at the federal, state and local level. Yes, let's pass that law. Think of all the dead wood we could get rid of. Although we might have a problem finding a replacement. Maybe Diogenes and his lantern could help.
Post a reply