Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Should you really care about this?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 05 Feb 2015, 08:57 AM Agree 0
The CFPB rate checker has caused a lot of noise in the industry, but stop worrying about pricing and start worrying about marketing and the niche you will become the expert in.
  • MtgGeek | | 05 Feb 2015, 06:28 PM Agree 0
    Worry about rates? Not me! Marketing issues on my mind? Negative. Why bother "debating" the issue??? Stay with me here- The plurality view in MLO-land says there is NO justification for adding a new layer of stinkin' CFPB t-paper, er, regs at this time. This latest bonehead move (CFPB Rate Checker - yea, right) will prove amazingly effective in other areas of course: 1) insert more gunk into an already constipated mortgage process flow 2) further confuse stressed-out and bewildered borrowers, and 3) provide even more opportunities for delay, delay, delay as the bugs get worked out (revisit #1). The CFPB does not need discounting; they need defenestration. And this is why we bother "debating" the issue.
    Yours Truly
Post a reply