Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Savitt Congressional run: Mortgage pros react

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 09 Jan 2014, 08:26 AM Agree 0
NAIHP President Marc Savitt announced yesterday he'd be running for Congress. Here's what MPA readers had to say
  • Vernon Morrison | | 09 Jan 2014, 08:46 AM Agree 0
    I think it is about time someone steps up to take on the idiots in Washington.

I will be sending him some money at some point. We should all send him money.
  • Martin Rhodes | | 09 Jan 2014, 09:05 AM Agree 0
    Marc Savitt is a dedicated professional, I have known him for years. He is a progressive thinker, and accomplished businessman. He will serve his constituents with passion, and I wish him well with his campaign.
  • 2bsquare | | 09 Jan 2014, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    I have know Marc for over 15 years and have found him to be the most admirable individual. But as important as Marc is to the mortgage industry Marc is a small business owner. This brings unique in site into a major sector of the US economy that DC seems to tout but ignore all in the same breath.
  • Robert Blake | | 09 Jan 2014, 09:10 AM Agree 0
    to have someone in congress that actually knows and understands the consequences of the idiotic legislation in the Mortgage industry will be extremely beneficial to improvement in housing industry financing, thus the economy.
  • Charlie | | 09 Jan 2014, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    I think it's great that he's running. The issue will be he will be a very easy target for negative campaigning against him. It's very easy to twist things against someone that supports mortgage brokers as a scare tactic to trick people not to vote for him. I wish you all the luck in the world!
  • Gary Seney | | 09 Jan 2014, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    Marc has the business knowledge and character to bring a breath of fresh air to Capitol Hill. Hopefully, he will be offered the "right" committees on which to serve. The mortgage industry, and in particular, the Broker industry, needs the knowledge and expertise that Marc brings to the table. The legislative process needs a grass roots individual to reflect upon the effects of mortgage legislation. Marc has a thorough understanding of the lending process from top to bottom. He knows what the consumer needs and requires. After all, shouldn't we be sensitive to the plight of the consumer? My hat is off to you, Marc.
  • Broker4Life | | 09 Jan 2014, 11:23 AM Agree 0
    It sure can't hurt!! More power to Marc and I commend him for his efforts. I can only offer Marc my support and the same advise I was issued when running for public office; Keep your bearing and remember the pecking order: God first, Family second, Work third,and then Politics.
  • Warren Goldberg | | 09 Jan 2014, 12:48 PM Agree 0
    I've met Marc, listened to him speak, and have read his articles for years. I can't think of a better qualified person to represent the mortgage industry in Congress. I wish him the best of luck!
  • James Spray | | 09 Jan 2014, 07:44 PM Agree 0
    What is Mark's web page for his congressional run? I wish to contribute to his campaign. I'll request others do the same.
  • R Morin | | 10 Jan 2014, 01:57 PM Agree 0
    He made believe to represent the broker community - I wouldn't vote for him to be dog catcher.
  • Mike Galkin | | 15 Jan 2014, 05:51 PM Agree 0
    I know Marc for over 50 years. This is great news. Go get em Cousin!!!! (Full disclosure. He really is my Cousin)
Post a reply