Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Report slams mortgage fraud efforts of FBI

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 14 Mar 2014, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Federal agencies have been taken to task over their response to mortgage fraud in a scathing new report
  • 2Bsquare | | 14 Mar 2014, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    THis is so accurate. Try to report fraud. DC ships you to the local office, who have no knowledge of what your talking about. Called the Banking Dept in 2 States and they didn't want to know. Sent a file package to one State and still nothing. Unless its flashy, they do not want to know.
  • Donald V Menasco | | 14 Mar 2014, 03:10 PM Agree 0
    I agree, trying to report fraud is hopeless. I have tried twice and each time had no response each time.
    There has to be a simply way to report fraud and it should be universal to all departments of the mortgage & banking industry.
    There's fraud going on everyday in all parts of the business, but getting caught is not likely so the concern is not that threatening.
    I can put together a better program than what the government agencies have been trying to stop for the last 20 years.
    We do not have to change the laws, but to just get a 'real' enforcement body to see that the laws on the books are followed.
  • Brenda Rossberg | | 14 Mar 2014, 04:39 PM Agree 0
    Totally true. There is no more justice in this corrupt society.
  • Steve Owen | | 15 Mar 2014, 09:16 AM Agree 0
    They don't want to investigate fraud too intensively because it might lead them a lot higher on the chain of command than they really want to go.
Post a reply