Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Refi bust not the end of the world says top originator

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 12 Sep 2013, 06:34 AM Agree 0
The refi boom appears to be over for now, as rising interest rates cause refinance starts to fizzle. But it’s not the end of the world, according to one of the nation’s top originators – as long as you’re willing to work hard
  • Ron Aguilar | | 12 Sep 2013, 09:55 AM Agree 0
    Excellent post Joe, thanks for your time
  • Drue J | | 12 Sep 2013, 10:38 AM Agree 0
    This looks like more of a self-serving advertisement rather than a sharing of newsworthy information.
  • Stan J | | 12 Sep 2013, 02:37 PM Agree 0
    The post-bubble correction was not complete. The market is unstable because many properties remain "underwater" while new bubbles are artificially stimulated in more desirable locations. We have to get real about values and stop listening to man behind the curtain spewing "think positive" propaganda!
  • M Scott | | 12 Sep 2013, 03:22 PM Agree 0
    We keep hearing about higher rates and values being so low... are we forgetting about the ridiculously high increases in mortgage insurance and the new rules such as life of mortgage for all FHAs..? I agree we need the mi companies so we do not go back to 20% down requirements but once again consumers are paying for everyones mistakes. They made billions and do not want to cut back to absorb losses. Someone had the great idea of gouging the consumers yet again. Go figure. Maybe they need regulation too.
  • Matt Weaver, South Florida's Mortgage Banker | | 13 Sep 2013, 03:23 AM Agree 0
    Thank you for sharing Joe, you are on the money. It's all about building and managing relationships with industry partners.
  • Mr T | | 13 Sep 2013, 05:28 AM Agree 0
    Building personal relationships is a great idea Joe.
    The only problem is realtors are not interested in a personal relationship with finance people. Most of them have a financial relationship with their in house finance department. The only time they like you is if their finance people cannot get a mortgage approved and you say you can do it. GOOD LUCK.
  • Ron Aguilar | | 13 Sep 2013, 08:18 AM Agree 0
    Mr T, sure Realtors have a favorite lender way before you show up. They don't know you, Trust you, nor do they want to risk their paycheck with you. I really don't blame them for thinking and acting this way. When you can truly make them money or save them money then this problem will change for the better. Hint: Marketing.
  • Ray | | 13 Sep 2013, 02:22 PM Agree 0
    Tell us something we don't already know. Most builders and realtors already have a favorite mortgage person or an in-house lender at their disposal. Getting the relationships is MORE than half the battle. And hard work in this search doesn't yield results unless their contact declines the borrower. In most cases, you too will decline the borrower for the very same reason. Then what?
  • Mr T | | 13 Sep 2013, 06:16 PM Agree 0
    Ron, you are right. I just cannot find a legal way to make a realtor more money. Try buying donuts for realtors at Weichert, Caldwell Banker, and Prudential and see how far you get.
  • Bayview Mortgage Inc. | | 15 Sep 2013, 06:18 PM Agree 0
    realtors don't have favorites. the companies they work for, own mortgage companies. For this reason. I am getting a realestate license and am giving broker free mortgages with all listings and sales.
  • Mr T | | 15 Sep 2013, 07:44 PM Agree 0
    Good idea Bayview. Also, you can list and sell real estate at extremely low commissions as long as you get to do the mortgages. Remember how Wawa only sold food products until Mobil started selling food.
Post a reply