Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Real Estate in Cuba: Buying and Selling Without Realtors or the MLS

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 11 Dec 2012, 07:36 PM Agree 0
Try to imagine a real estate market without real estate brokerages or an MLS. It would be like the Wild West all over again with no restrictions, no law, and no way to determine what your real estate is really worth. Welcome to the real estate market in Cuba.
  • The Sheer Anarchy of Real Estate in Cuba | Miami A | | 12 Dec 2012, 03:10 PM Agree 0
    [...] as Corey Curwick Dutton wrote further in the Niche Report, aside from one regulation (Cubans are only allowed to sell real estate [...]
  • Tad Tadich | | 13 Dec 2012, 02:59 PM Agree 0
    I was in Cuba prior to the legal selling and buying of real estate. There were still sales, even then. If a family had owned a property prior to the revolution and had not been commandeered by the junta, they could sell and transfer, as long as it was discrete. Much of the Cuban economy is on the shady end of legal. A friend told me that in Cuba, since all cattle is owned by the government, they say that even a three legged cow can walk to the slaughterhouse.
Post a reply