Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Real estate firm under fire

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 23 Oct 2015, 06:30 AM Agree 0
Two professionals are in hot water for an ad some have considered might be “most sexist real estate ad ever”
  • Pat | | 23 Oct 2015, 11:57 AM Agree 0
    As a single mother who is a successful mortgage broker for 25 years I find the ad insulting but humorous because although I am sure there are a few, how many men could juggle a family and a full time career? Not nearly as many or as well as women! Its easy to be a "full time professional" when that's all you have to do! haha
  • Griff | | 23 Oct 2015, 11:58 AM Agree 0
    As sons of single mothers that may be a fair demonstration of their lives. Mom trying to hold it all together and how they saw their lives. That mom deserves a ton of credit; if she can sell real estate and wrangle those kids good on her. Very poor ad on the part of these agents.
  • Victoria | | 23 Oct 2015, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    I have a great deal of respect for the mom supporting two careers (mother and professional). I have always been a working mom and professional and ultimately held a position of SVP of a very large bank.

Ad was in very poor taste.
  • Pat from Calabash | | 23 Oct 2015, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    I think the stupidity of the ad speaks for itself. The grammar of the headline "Who Would You Rather Represent You?" further attests to the basic lack of intelligence of the originators. You have to read it twice before you understand it. But then, why would you even read it once. Insulting, inflammatory and totally wrong. I will bet you that the woman with the kids hanging on around her can run circles around these two dimwits.
  • Schambers | | 23 Oct 2015, 02:35 PM Agree 0
    As a successful Realtor of 24 years and having raised two wonderful children as a single mother while practicing a thriving real estate career I find this ad more than comical and stupid at best. By the way I also had time to go to the gym while selling houses and raising children, something these two guys might want to consider!! Looking a little out of shape on top of being ignorant.
  • Realtor Rick | | 23 Oct 2015, 05:28 PM Agree 0
    Agreed, I would never have run this ad. However the intent is true as there are many men and women who are part-time agents who sell real estate to make a "few extra bucks." Who would you have list your home or help you buy a home....a full time Realtor or a part time Realtor?

Would have been a much better ad if they showed some rich guy with a cigar in his mouth about to tee off on the golf course and a woman drenched in jewelry sipping a cocktail. There is much truth in the ad but it was just presented poorly.

My other comment is to those who feeling slighted........ GET OVER IT!!!! It was an ad in poor taste but in no way should it affect how anybody feels about themselves or change their outlook on life. Righteous indignation is silly and quite honestly if a Realtor feels offended because of this ad I would not want to use that Realtor. Many things occur during a sales transaction that are unexpected and I don't want my Realtor to be put off course because of something silly like this or on any more important matter. It was a bad ad but with good logic behind it. To those who were offended you really need to find an outlet to lessen your very sensitive feelings.
  • Broker of 50 Plus | | 26 Oct 2015, 09:18 AM Agree 0
    While it may have upset a few good agents. The truth is the part time agent or agents just trying to make vacation money gives the profession a bad name. The part time agent is usually the full time liability as they are usually missing in action and crucial times in a transaction and not up to speed on industry changes . Next time guys, show the mom at home and the old man fishing. That will pretty much represents the part time agent.
  • Pat | | 30 Oct 2015, 09:11 PM Agree 0
    Agreed, part time less interested or motivated sales people of any kind are not worth your time, but to insinuate everyone insulted by the ad as being overly sensitive is silly too. Your a man and was not a target of their ignorance. hard working mom's always seem to be an easy target for people intending to describe weakness when in reality 2 full time jobs signify strength. From what i read, none of us accomplished , hard working mom's were being sensitive, merely just commenting. Can't be thin skinned in this business!
Post a reply