Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Readers respond: Is the CFPB hurting the economy?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 12 Apr 2014, 12:06 AM Agree 0
MPA readers sound off on the CFPB's effect on the economy
  • Brent Warner | | 13 Apr 2014, 07:55 PM Agree 0
    CFPB does not know anything about real mortgages because they are all bought off by big buisness, and they do not care if they help people or not. It's all a show to act like they are doing something, and in reality they are ripping off mortgage industry employees, and home owners!!!
  • Joe | | 14 Apr 2014, 11:12 AM Agree 0
    I think they need to follow the rules they make and watch the effects more closely. Better yet tell the mortgage industry what they think needs to be fixed and allow suggestion from real mortgage Professionals. The rules them make in my opinion do not have the results they are looking for.
  • Jim V | | 22 Apr 2014, 10:58 AM Agree 0
    The CFPB is now the rule writer for the financial industry. A poor one at that, but still the rule writer. They are behind on isssue of several rules and the ones they do complete they continue to change depending on which way the wind is blowing. Other regulators now must try to understand the rules the CFPB has written and re-written and enforce them on the banks that each of these regulatory agency regulate. Sounds like a mess, it is for sure. Have any of these new rule writers actually help a customer with a mortgage?
Post a reply