Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Readers respond: CFPB whistleblower says Cordray told her to ‘back down’

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 05 Apr 2014, 12:22 AM Agree 0
Accusations of discrimination and retaliation at the CFPB got MPA readers buzzing this week. Here's what they had to say.
  • Larry | | 05 Apr 2014, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    He is also an attorney. That should explain it all
  • Jack R | | 05 Apr 2014, 02:38 PM Agree 0
    Someone needs to do a thorough background on Cordray and see why he hates the mortgage industry so much. A relative get foreclosed on, he or someone get turned down for a mortgage, etc? Same concern about his compadre Elizabeth Warren. Both of their actions border on fanatical paranoia.
  • Martin Goldstein | | 06 Apr 2014, 12:55 PM Agree 0
    Why doesn't someone contact the esteem Senator from Mass (Elizabeth Warren) and ask her to comment or is she to non-accountable
  • Martin Goldstein | | 06 Apr 2014, 12:58 PM Agree 0
    What does Barney Frank and Chris Dodd think of the response from Corday
  • RandyG | | 06 Apr 2014, 02:04 PM Agree 0
    i can only respond with one word - obama.
  • Anthony Affatati | | 06 Apr 2014, 02:06 PM Agree 0
    I can think of many things Mr Cordray may be accused of but telling an employee to back off is not possible. He runs the first federal agency that not only protects consumers but punishes the perpetrators . I will be interested to see the outcome of the investigation.
  • Martin Goldstein | | 06 Apr 2014, 04:14 PM Agree 0
    Talks a good game but when actions are questioned he gives the standard current administration answer "nothing here, back off". Sound familiar?
  • Jo Crozier | | 06 Apr 2014, 04:47 PM Agree 0
    Such a shame. I believe Mr. Cordray has some explaining to do. Is this "untouchable" agency running with school yard bullies, or is this truly a layer of "consumer protection advocacy"? Sen. Warren? Your input with this most ungracious behavior would be appreciated. I suggest Cordray seek management opportunity at one of our fast food chains. He's obviously professionally way too immature for the powerful position he holds. This is completely unacceptable and my tax dollars are paying for this??? REALLY????????????
  • Kent S | | 06 Apr 2014, 06:05 PM Agree 0
    Interesting phenomenon in DC that causes anyone who touches it to be certain that Big Banks, Big Mortgage guys, Big know, any company providing a service and creating employment: read: tax revenue, needs to be slapped down...not too hard though, we need their money...hmmm, incompetence in this administration, who woulda thunk it?
Post a reply