Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Ocwen under fire again for servicing abuses

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 21 May 2014, 05:27 AM Agree 0
Ocwen is currently being investigated by New York State over alleged servicing abuses, and now it’s the subject of a class action lawsuit
  • George Serel | | 21 May 2014, 09:22 AM Agree 0
    They did not report my mortgage paid off to the credit companies. I have sent in numerous requests and disputes to no avail.
  • Anna Lorrimer | | 21 May 2014, 09:23 AM Agree 0
    I'm not surprised.
  • Anna Lorrimer | | 21 May 2014, 09:25 AM Agree 0
    I'm not surprised one bit. Every month I'm being charged fees and have no idea why. I have reported this company to the BBB and I was told hey have approx. 3,000 cases pending.
  • Jim in Connecticut | | 21 May 2014, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    They are universally awful on each and every case I've encountererd them. May the investigations, fines and lawsuits continue until senior management is run out of the business.
    Major BofA surprise.
  • James Spray | | 21 May 2014, 11:11 AM Agree 0
    Mr. Serel & Ms. Lorrimer - Submit a Qualified Written Request [] to their correspondence address. If that doesn't work file a complaint with the CFPB.
  • Marge Nogosek | | 21 May 2014, 11:35 AM Agree 0
    Ocwen is requiring $800. per month more in payment than what is required to fully amortize my mortgage.
  • Wm Matz | | 21 May 2014, 12:20 PM Agree 0
    Another scam is that lenders who are negotiating [or complete] mortgage mods then transfer mortgage to Ocwen, who refuses to honor prior commitments. Basic contract law is that Ocwen is bound by the status of the mortgage when it is transferred. Do not let them pull this scam on your clients.
  • Cheryl M | | 21 May 2014, 01:57 PM Agree 0
    Only Ocwen subject to lawsuit really
  • Rob Bader | | 21 May 2014, 01:58 PM Agree 0
    Every month they send me a reminder notice - even though I have never been late. Clearly it's an automated letter they send if payment is not received by the 5th; it's not late until after the 15th. Plus, each monthly payment coupon shows a late fee included in the amount due; I wonder how many times people pay too much if they don't read the coupon closely. They used to be a sub-prime origination company so I am not surprised...
  • DFSammarone | | 22 May 2014, 04:56 AM Agree 0
    Here go again…
  • R Jarocki | | 22 May 2014, 06:17 AM Agree 0
    I can't believe that the author did not correct his typos. Need some quality control at MPA.
  • | | 22 May 2014, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    The article states they have 609 days to file the release and they took care of it in 252 days. That doesn't sound late to me. I just question why the government would allow 609 days.
  • Anna Lorrimer | | 22 May 2014, 10:18 AM Agree 0
    James Spray - My issue goes back to October 2013. I have written registered letters, sent emails and have called numerous times. I am told I can't speak to a Team Lead or Supervisor. The customer service is hard to get through and when you do, they don't listen to your concerns or your questions. They take my information and say someone will get back to you. I have a stack of copied documents that I have sent. I receive a generic letter for every email and letter I sent months later - they're researching and will get back to me. I called the BBB in Feb and filed a compliant and was told they have so many cases that have no response, it's out of control. I keep asking why am I being charged this fee or what is this for? They refuse to send me a monthly statement. All I get is the run around from that awful company.
  • Ingrid | | 22 May 2014, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    ABUSES by these mortgage servicers especially Nationstar of Texas are wide spread for years...and Fanny Mae does not care about the
    plight of homeowners trying to get mortgage modfications....I have been corresponding by fax and telephone for 5 months and they have done nothing. If my townhouse was connected to my neighbor, I would consider trashing the house so it could never be lived in again.
  • Floridalma Glazer | | 28 May 2014, 10:31 PM Agree 0
    This company is the worst I have seen. The received my payment on the 5th and cash my check on the 7th of the month and by the 22nd day of the month I get a letter saying I'm behind and they add 124.75 for late fees. They have been doing this since 8-2013, I send letters with copy of my cancelled check but they do not correct their mistake. and in top of that they are charging me for the Insurance I paid fax certified letters and no correction of all late charges and escrow. my payment from $2080.25 went to $3700.00. This started when I request a modification LOAN since the interest they are charging me is 7.15%. Bunch of crooks that's what they are. If you call every time is different rep, with limited English from India. Please add me to your class sue.
  • Nancy V | | 20 Oct 2014, 02:20 PM Agree 0
    I have a cousin who I told to file a complaint with CFPB. Ocwen took over her servicing a few months ago and Ocwen self imposed escrows on her mortgage which she has never had. They did not tell her and have marked her late every month since. It has ruined her credit and the people on the phone at Ocwen when she calls tell her that she can do nothing about it. She has also provided proof of the taxes and insurance as paid several times. Thought filing a complaint with the CFBP would help her. We will see.
Post a reply