Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Ocwen spinoff fires 800 of its employees

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 22 Jan 2015, 12:29 PM Agree 0
Altisource has let go hundreds of its employees due to shrinking revenue at its biggest client.
  • JP | | 22 Jan 2015, 01:01 PM Agree 0
    Sounds like a good source of 800 some odd former employees who can help build a case against those crooks at OCWEN!
  • Ken-Saw | | 22 Jan 2015, 03:11 PM Agree 0
    Great, now they can give me back my money
  • Ohwellian | | 23 Jan 2015, 11:18 AM Agree 0
    Im sorry but i hope those people that worked there and helped these companies scam millions of not billions of dollars , now they have lost their jobs have mortgages with the servicer being ocwen , and that they go into foreclosure for the 120 bucks they couldn't afford
  • Legal Worker | | 23 Jan 2015, 11:49 AM Agree 0
    Ocwen's leadership and ethical behavior has long ago been suspect. The CEO recently was forced to resign among a mountain of suspicious activities. The company based in Atlanta Georgia - outsources mortgage mitigation, mortgage modification - mortgage assistance programs and protocol outside of the United States. Calls are routed to workers from India that have not been licensed under the Department of Corporations for each individual State where the mortgage mortgage customer lives and where the property exists. Secondly, Each State has its own Department of Real Estate Commissioner and enforcement team for licensing of mortgage professionals. It seems that a person that has not met both the requirements of a background check, criminal history, convictions and pending criminal matters should not be asking me for my most confidential information. My bank statements, credit, social security info, cash and assets and the statements from those institutions as well.

When I speak to a person in India, that can barely speak in a local dialect, (i.e. , Texas, Carolina, Brooklyn, Alabama, Bostonian, etc) how in the world can we communicate? Do you believe Wall Street would hire someone that you could not understand? Next, what would I do if I give them all my info and find out that team in India is no longer handling my mortgage modification with Ocwen. Now it's another company named AltaVista or God only knows what it's called.
  • LG Barnett | | 24 Jan 2015, 08:34 PM Agree 0
    They are a terrible company that took almost a year to give my daughter clear title to her home that they screwed up. If we hadn't involved the CFPB we'd still we working it out. It took a lawyer to apply pressure, too.
Post a reply