Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Ocwen hits back at regulators

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 24 Apr 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The mortgage servicing giant says it will ‘vigorously defend’ against what it calls ‘unfair and unjust’ enforcement actions
  • Praiselday850 | | 24 Apr 2017, 03:44 PM Agree 1
    I have a mortgage with this company would like more information on this matter.
  • Darryl | | 24 Apr 2017, 05:23 PM Agree 1
    Yes, Ocwen, the entire free world is wrong. CFPB is wrong, those 20 states are wrong, they're all just picking on you. There is one common denominator here...Ocwen.
  • GeorgiaPeach15 | | 24 Apr 2017, 05:30 PM Agree 1
    I also have a mortgage with this company. Please keep me informed.
  • edward k | | 24 Apr 2017, 07:56 PM Agree 1
    ocwen charged me 500. dollars when it aquired my mortage from another lender.After several years I still haven't paid it.They can't explain it.
  • Ohio concerned | | 24 Apr 2017, 08:03 PM Agree 1
    I also have a mortgage with these people. I find they always add some charges for things I can't justify. Keep me informed.
  • L.Romero | | 24 Apr 2017, 08:08 PM Agree 0
    Keeping consumers informed is critical. There are so many lawsuits that have been filed against OCWEN for mishandling of accounts, illegal foreclosures, forced placed insurance policies etc. I'm sure that many account holders are unaware.of all these legal issues. We have our mortgage with them as well and are looking into filing suit against them for how they have mishandled the transfer of out account, unexplained increase in principal balance of over $15, missed letters, refusing to take the mortgage payment, refusing to acknowledge a mortgage modification that was approved and they refused to take the last payment, requesting a balloon payment of $97 AFTER THE 30 YEAR NOTE WAS PAID, the list goes on and on. If you have a mortgage with them I suggest you look into it because they are the worse company to have a mortgage with.
  • Bs | | 24 Apr 2017, 08:14 PM Agree 0
    I have mortgage with them. I dont like the way they do things.
  • DTH | | 24 Apr 2017, 08:22 PM Agree 0
    In Dec 2016 we tried to get our application to have a re-modification done with Ocwen. They were increasing our interest and also the monthly payment by almost 200.00 more monthly. We tried to get our application to Ocwen 3 times total. We mailed it physically via the post office and we faxed it 2 times. After we mailed it and 2 weeks later, ocwen told us they hadn't received our application yet. So we faxed it several times and we're worried about having them report us to credit bureaus.
    . When they told us don't worry about the bureaus just as long as your not 90 days we won't report you because we're working on this new mortgage modification. We had proof that the faxes did go through too. After 1 month of trying to get our app over there before Dec 30th. We were 42 days late when they told us they wouldn't report us. They finally received our application but by then had reported us ! It wasn't 90 days yet and they denied us anyways claiming we didnt receive our application on time or by Dec 31st which is when the HAMP program was discontinued. Can anyone help us? This report to the cred bureau has screwed us in regards to having anyone else help us do a refinance. OCWEN is full of it! It's all a a big lie! Help please anyone!
    Dawn
  • I Zarate | | 24 Apr 2017, 08:30 PM Agree 0
    After we refinanced with wells and signed the paperwork they said we still owed 1700. Mind you this was 2 weeks after signing. We had already paid thousands in late fees resulting from them mot posting payments on time and forcing insurance and threatening forclosure.
  • smunoz77373 | | 24 Apr 2017, 08:32 PM Agree 0
    Ocwen is as bad as they say they are. They lost 3 cash sales for my house because they refused to release my file to my realtor. In the end they foreclosed on my house and trashed my credit. I need to add my name to their list of accounts to be cleaned up.
  • Mildred | | 24 Apr 2017, 08:33 PM Agree 0
    I also have mortgage with them, that is so true with all the fees. I have over $380.00 in fees. It just keep getting higher and higher. I have to even pay for property inspection, I don't ask them to come by. They said some one comes by and do property inspection and I have to pay for it. I never seen no one, but I still have to pay. I have to pay if they send me a certified mail. They can deliver my letter in regular mail. I don't never get the certified mail but I'm paying for them to send it to me. I can go on and on
  • Ocwen Hater | | 24 Apr 2017, 08:50 PM Agree 0
    Ocwen ("new company" shortened and spelled backwards, from when it failed before!!) is the absolute worst. They are criminal. Constant "mystery charges", customer service that can't explain what those charges are, a resolution department that automatically denies any wrongdoing even when you present evidence , Lost papers lost payments late charges, remodel furcation documents never received even though delivered by registered mail and fax with confirmation , deliberately delaying account updates so they can deny and charge extra it is a racket of mafia proportion's Their only goal is to screw you out of your home. They need fully investigated on a federal level
  • SC | | 24 Apr 2017, 09:35 PM Agree 0
    Ocwen egregious mortgage servicing policies have caused too many problems for their customers. One department does not know what the other is doing which causes customers much anxiety about losing their homes.
  • Taffy | | 24 Apr 2017, 09:40 PM Agree 0
    Ocwen mortgage is very bad , I too tried to refinance my mortgage and they told me they do not do that. I need to move away from them too
  • skyclemons | | 24 Apr 2017, 10:28 PM Agree 0
    Ocwen is NOT a mortgage company. They are a Loan Servicing Company. They collect monies for real estate investors and other mortgage companies. I have an account with Ocwen. They mishandled my escrow account to the point I had to file bankruptcy to keep them from foreclosing. I have a nice, fat notebook with letters from Ocwen telling me my account is in foreclosure. These letters caused much anguish to me and my wife. I've been told by a couple of real mortgage companies that Ocwen loves to go after homeowners with lots of equity so they can foreclose and reap big money for themselves and investors. What a scam.
  • Jdg73 | | 24 Apr 2017, 11:27 PM Agree 0
    I have a mortgage with OCWEN and we received a letter in the mail saying as of March 1st my monthy payment will increase because of an escrow shortage. My payment increased $97.00!! That's a lot of money to most people! We weren't prepared for a big amount like that! I could understand a $30 - $40 increase, but almost $100 from one month to the next? OCWEN obviously didn't handle something correctly! How do you defend that to the customer? Hopefully something is done in favor of the customers!! Quick!!
  • | | 24 Apr 2017, 11:42 PM Agree 0
    My mortgage payment from work from 610 to 678 and because I said that cuz the long-short asking for phone so I don't think that's right either
  • Upstate | | 25 Apr 2017, 12:14 AM Agree 0
    OK! Let's think about is GMC was a bank
    Was sold to share holder just to make up lost money is ocwen mortgage servicing not a bank
  • Lone star | | 25 Apr 2017, 12:17 AM Agree 0
    Yes, Ocwen is as bad as they say.
    Ive sent documents 4 & 5 times and they still say they didn't get it.
    You cannot call in & talk to a customer service rep. They call you
    sometimes when they set an appointment, sometimes not. Their Escrow Dept does not take calls. You have to request, in writing, an
    audit of your account. One person says they do escrow your taxes/ins
    Another says they do not. They are extremely unorganized.

• MIP | | 25 Apr 2017, 12:28 AM Agree 0
    I just got a letter from them today, a bunch of mumbled up technical crap and figures/numbers, about my escrow. It was so confusing, I couldn't tell if it said there's a shortage or not. But a few months back, I got something from the city about a shortage. So I don't know what's going on. I also have a couple small mystery fees as others have mentioned and was told to just pay "when its convenient" and their explanation for it was so confusing, I gave up trying to understand and blamed it on my own ignorance. Until I realized, they didn't offer an explanation. It wasn't my ignorance. They just rambled until I said OK. Now I see this article, the very day I receive their confusing letter about my escrow acct. This is going to get interesting. And I guess I'll call the city office tomorrow and see what they're showing. I also found out when they modified my mortgage with a smaller pymt and lower interest rate, that I now have a balloon pymt after 20 yrs of over $100,000.00. God help us. I see a potential bankruptcy in my future, but in 20 yrs, if I'm alive, I'll be too old to care.
  • MIP | | 25 Apr 2017, 12:30 AM Agree 0
    I just got a letter from them today, a bunch of mumbled up technical crap and figures/numbers, about my escrow. It was so confusing, I couldn't tell if it said there's a shortage or not. But a few months back, I got something from the city about a shortage. So I don't know what's going on. I also have a couple small mystery fees as others have mentioned and was told to just pay "when its convenient" and their explanation for it was so confusing, I gave up trying to understand and blamed it on my own ignorance. Until I realized, they didn't offer an explanation. It wasn't my ignorance. They just rambled until I said OK. Now I see this article, the very day I receive their confusing letter about my escrow acct. This is going to get interesting. And I guess I'll call the city office tomorrow and see what they're showing. I also found out when they modified my mortgage with a smaller pymt and lower interest rate, that I now have a balloon pymt after 20 yrs of over $100,000.00. God help us. I see a potential bankruptcy in my future, but in 20 yrs, if I'm alive, I'll be too old to care.
  • Kai | | 25 Apr 2017, 01:52 AM Agree 0
    I had a similar situation! After making all of the payments on time they denied my last payment, then claimed was late, though all of my mortgage payments are online automatic transactions! They always have new fees & charges, they constantly change the billing address and my mortgage has gone up substantially since they 'bought ' my mortgage! Looking to get out of this company!
  • Ocwen Hater in OHIO | | 25 Apr 2017, 02:22 AM Agree 0
    I also have a mortgage with them after Ocwen bought out my GMAC Mortgage. I have to keep reminding them that I did not sign ANY contracts with them, so they need to abide by the terms of my ORIGINAL contract.
  • Beth | | 25 Apr 2017, 02:25 AM Agree 0
    We have our mortgage through these crooks. They sent us a refund for over payment of escrow, THEN raised our mortgage payment for UNDER PAYMENT of escrow. We know they're lying but can't do anything about it.
  • 00 | | 25 Apr 2017, 09:56 AM Agree 0
    I also had 3 mortgages with ocwen. As soon as the mortgages were sold to ocwen they started in creasing fees and interests rates. With over a hundred calls and a little research. They tave 8 people in florida and hundreds in india. They set this up so as to hide responsibility for a foreign call center. They sre responsible. Years and years no one even out goverment hasnt helped. Evenbthough ibgave cashed checks and research.bi found they have
  • | | 25 Apr 2017, 10:02 AM Agree 0
    Ocwens been breaking the law for 20 years and no one helps. No lawyer takes the case coz they are are paid to drop it. They have the mentality of its cheaper to break the law than to pay the fine
Post a reply