Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Ocwen fails loan modification test

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 08 May 2015, 07:48 AM Agree 0
The embattled servicer failed a test to determine whether it was notifying borrowers of faulty documents in a timely manner
  • | | 08 May 2015, 04:27 PM Agree 0
    Yes! Just made my Mother's Day weekend, the crooks!
  • Dolley | | 11 May 2015, 06:24 PM Agree 0
    They should be shut down and the entire staff should be led away in handcuffs.
  • Karyn | | 28 May 2015, 03:11 PM Agree 0
    I'm shocked Ocwen was allowed to continue business after violating the agreement of their surety bond. After a bond is violated it's voided. There must be an insurance company out there that loves Ocwen because I would not back them after all of this.
  • Jon | | 06 Aug 2015, 09:56 AM Agree 0
    Ocwen is the absolute worst. I attempted to modify my mortgage. I sent in all the required paperwork. And THREE times they "lost my paperwork". They drug this out for months. They would send me a letter every few months listing my new "mortgage manager". I would call the number but could never reach them. I left messages with no return call. When I did manage to speak with a live person, 9 out of ten times it was somebody who barely spoke English! To say dealing with these people is frustrating would be a putting it mildly. Eventually they did contact me to tell me I didn't qualify because I made $40. too much money. !@#$%^&*!!!!!!!! And here's the best part... originally a rep told me I would qualify for at least one of not both of the two modification programs available and not to worry. She even gave me actual numbers of what my new mortgage payment would be after the paperwork was completed. What a scam! These people should have their finger and toe nails pulled out with pliers.
  • | | 12 Feb 2016, 12:04 AM Agree 0
    This company is costing me so much. In 2010, we fell behind on our mortgage, did the mortgage mod, was denied. This went on for 2 years. We had no choice but to do bankruptcy. Just this year 2016 found out that has been dismissed. So now we are back to the beginning. Called Ocwen to see where we stand, and now we are doing the mortgage mod again. We don't know what else to do. I'm sure this time we will lose our home. Please, if anyone can tell us what to do. We have not made a house payment in 5 years. All we want to do is refinance our home to where we make a monthly payment. We don't want Ocwen to have any part in our mortgage. We have read some reviews, and everyone sounds like us. They need to be shut down.
    We are making plans to see if the credit union can help. We tried NACA, but they could not help either.
    Tell us where to go next.
  • horror story but true | | 09 Apr 2016, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    Ocwen is nothing but a bunch of crooks how do they send you aletter telling you your mortgage has been sold to a different mortgage company but this is between you and ocwen but you must still send in your monthly payment to ocwen . So they send me the new mortgage company and its owned by nobody else but ocwen . Then the issue of modification a horror story
  • C | | 21 Apr 2016, 06:51 PM Agree 0
    Ocwen and all their employees, from the CEO to the dumbells who answer the phones should get their eyes plucked out by vultures...oh forgot they are the vultures!!!!! They ask you every month for more and more copies of paychecks after you have given them copies of your w2' they think you are hiding something???? It just seems like a never-ending bs story. The government is probably in cahoots with them so they are of no use either. Maybe the government should be FOR THE PEOPLE...I did think that that at one time but not anymore.
    If Ocwen is a servicer then who actually holds people's mortgages?
Post a reply